The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I get that. I mean pancakes for me are a breakfast food I really have to be in the mood for..... and they gotta be fresh. They don’t make good left overs.

But yeah, definitely love jazzing up my pancakes at ihop.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I can understand pancakes by themselves are very dry, they need something.
One thing I miss about IHOP, they used to have the syrups in little pitchers on th table. Maple, strawberry, boysenberry, and blueberry. Each one is strong enough to give you a contact high.
Chocolate chip pancakes are okay. There’s actually a place not far from here, not IHOP, but called The Pancake House. They put different nuts in the batter, like coconut or buckwheat. (They’re O-tay!)
But you still need some syrup or jam on them.
Otherwise it’s like eating dry toast.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
IHOP still has those optional syrups I’m pretty sure?

Also chocolate chip is my favorite pancake flavor.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, they still have those syrups . . . I mean, granted, because they don't leave them out on the tables now due to COVID, you have to ask for them, but they still have them.

What I really miss is their cheese blintzes - I really liked those . . . except when they come back to haunt me in the middle of the night.

Any Del

Reaction score
The talk about iHOP is making me hungry for it! Besides their breakfast menu I really enjoy their appetizers! Mostly their mozzarella sticks and crispy chicken tenders with marinara sauce and honey mustard!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
In a few more years I’ll qualify for the Senior discount. Too bad we don’t have a Denny’s around anymore, or I’d really be cleaning up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We just recently got a Denny's in my town. It's . . . hit or miss, honestly. It's like they've only got two people working in the kitchen, and one server working at any given time, so the service tends to be really, really slow. I do enjoy their milkshakes, though. Food's kind of so-so. They have a really good sandwich called Moons Over Mi-hammy.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Denny’s used to have really good breakfast. Gave IHOP a good run for their money. Too bad the one by me closed. One of the problems, in this neck of the woods, there’s a diner on every corner, and Denny’s couldn’t compete with that.

Any Del

Reaction score
My Denny's near me was infested with fruit flies and they shut it down. Once I saw a fly on my 90% eaten pancakes, that was it for Denny's for me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The talk about iHOP is making me hungry for it! Besides their breakfast menu I really enjoy their appetizers! Mostly their mozzarella sticks and crispy chicken tenders with marinara sauce and honey mustard!
I mostly just go there for their pancakes..... which is on national pancake day. But eh, maybe I’ll try their mozzarella sticks next time I get the chance to go there.

My Denny's near me was infested with fruit flies and they shut it down. Once I saw a fly on my 90% eaten pancakes, that was it for Denny's for me.
Those things are nasty. They swarmed my apartment once in the middle of winter.