Why aren't Oscar and Telly ever on anymore?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Plus Telly has great range of emotions where his highs are really high and his lows are really low.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I mean, honestly I didn’t even know Telly was supposed to be a neurotic worrier as a kid. I remembered him more for the more adventurous stuffed did (though I guess those did feature him worrying as well), and his love of triangles.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Plus Telly has great range of emotions where his highs are really high and his lows are really low.
More so after Marty took over, and same with Snuffy as well. Prior to that, Brian's Telly was a lot whinier and more of a wet blanket, and Jerry's Snuffy was very much like a giant shaggy Eeyore . . . I mean, I definitely can't imagine Brian's Telly doing a bit like "Telly Tut" and certainly not Jerry's Snuffy doing "Bubble on my Snuffle."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Brian’s Telly pretty much represents the bad part of the SS fandom.

Frankly I never liked his performance as Telly and am glad Marty took over.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Even Brian said that Marty is much more expressive and he can have Telly for all he cares

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean I definitely give Brian kudos for being a rather versatile performer, but yeah, his Telly could really get on my nerves. Again, it was especially when Telly would get really whiney about something, like Episode 1709 when he thinks Big Bird won't want to be his friend anymore since he met Rusty.

Marty's Telly on the other hand can be like that one thespian in drama class who always has to really ham it up during their performances: if he's happy, he's so **** happy; if he's mad, he's like one of 12 angry men; and if he's worried, he's like a doomsday prophet on the verge of a total nervous breakdown.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Have to disagree with him being versatile. Most of his characters either sound like Frank Oz or have a scraggy voice.

Brian wasn’t one of my favorite puppeteers in all honesty.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Have to disagree with him being versatile. Most of his characters either sound like Frank Oz or have a scraggy voice.

Brian wasn’t one of my favorite puppeteers in all honesty.
You have to admit that Brian had some memorable characters, Nobel Price, Countess Von Dahling, and Mr. Knack from Eureka's Castle.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The only character I didn’t mind too much was Nobel Price..... that’s about it.