What made you think today?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’ve dealt with some pretty nasty vegans on twitter. They alone are issues I have with the vegan community.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s the paradox with the word “community”. Over in the vegan “community “, they’re prancing around like happy little smurfs. But there’s still a wide gap between us and them because we’re still attached to our meat, eggs and milk.

Those poor defenseless cows being milked every day. Those chickens having their eggs stolen from them just so I can have an omelette. And to think of those fish being pulled out of the water, suffocating to death, and being separated from their family!

And lobsters and crabs kept in cages!
How do you sleep at night???!!!
How do I sleep at night? On a full stomach.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I decided to give my old neighborhood a visit again just to ease my grumpiness this morning, and you know what I realized?

Not only do I miss my old house, but I just miss the beautiful environment of my old town with its trees and villages.

Honestly what bugs me about the current town I live in is just how..... city-fied it is? (If that can count as word). Like I have not seen one portion of this town with a suburban neighborhood or woods you can explore. No, it’s just one big city, and I have living in city areas because of the sound of cars going by and just lack of beautiful woods to explore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

I'm a city guy, I prefer living within the city limits, I feel more like I'm a part of a civilization; the further out into the boonies, the more I feel like I'm cut off from civilization.

The suburbs I don't mind too much, but it depends: I like older neighborhoods where there's sizeable yards, and large, mature trees, as opposed to those kinds that are depicted in OVER THE HEDGE, where the houses are merely inches apart, and all look alike . . . meanwhile, I've lived waaay out in the country before, and it is not pleasant at all.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay so I decided to see if my town actually has some hiking trails or not and......... wow! Surprisingly they do! I’m definitely going to check them out now.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

I'm a city guy, I prefer living within the city limits, I feel more like I'm a part of a civilization; the further out into the boonies, the more I feel like I'm cut off from civilization.

The suburbs I don't mind too much, but it depends: I like older neighborhoods where there's sizeable yards, and large, mature trees, as opposed to those kinds that are depicted in OVER THE HEDGE, where the houses are merely inches apart, and all look alike . . . meanwhile, I've lived waaay out in the country before, and it is not pleasant at all.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That is me. Actually, I’m greener than the puppet, but put glasses on him and that’s me.
I lived in both the city and the country. Where I live now is a little more country, but a nice balance.
I don’t miss city living, but I don’t feel out of place not being there.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m just not someone who tolerates the sound of cars going by and honking constantly very well, also having to look at building after building after building walking down roads. I much prefer the sound of nature and looking at trees.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was around six, seven, eight years old when Good Times was originally on the air.
I had no idea how tv production worked, how they got those cameras into an apartment and have a studio audience watching.

Good Times was tv’s first spin-off if a spin-off.
It spun off from Maude from All in the Family. It was still shown on CBS and taped at Television City, as par for Norman Lear productions.

Looking back now, I can see how the show drifted away from it’s original premise. It concentrated on serious black issues. But gradually it became the Jimmie Walker Show.
Little me didn’t care. I had my JJ t shirt, and if you could picture me strutting around First garage going “DY-NO-MITE!!!!” you’d die laughing.
The saddest thing that happened was John Amos left (he immediately got a role in an upcoming called “Roots“, which became one of the highest rated shows of all time). The character of James Evans was killed off. I was as stunned as everyone else to learn he died.
Good Times didn’t just jump the shark. It carried on for three more years s but was all but dead.

If there was one way Good Times was unique, John Amos commented years later, “You’ll never see a poor black family on tv ever again”. 45 years he’s been right so far.