The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

Any Del

Reaction score
KFC is alright. Love their Nashville Chicken Tenders and Sandwiches. Their Potato Wedges are fine but the location I went to was too salty for me.

Any Del

Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys hate KFC, but I will say, I think it's one of those places where I think it depends on the specific store location that determines what you'll end up getting.

For example, there's two KFC stores close to wear I live: one's basically down the road from my neighborhood, and the other is a few miles away by a Walmart.

The one by the Walmart is actually really good in terms of both food and service, but the one down the road from me is crap: the staff is mostly high schoolers who can't tell white meat from dark, and don't know that a dozen is twelve . . . then again, that's actually the main problem with all of the fast food joints down this particular main drag in my neighborhood - there's a high school just up the hill from me, so of course, all of these fast food joints employee these high schoolers, who could care less about the jobs they're doing, and believe me, we have a string of them down through here: McDonald's Sonic, Wendy's KFC, Burger King, and Subway.
The McDonald's near me had a highschooler who didn't know change. I ordered 1 40 pcs Nuggets and 2 small fries that came up to $19.56 and gave him a $20. Supposed to get back 0.42 cents but instead he gave me $23.42! 🤣

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I have only been two KFC maybe three times and always find myself disappointed from their food. Only thing I can tolerate is their popcorn chicken.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also thanks to Matt Stonie’s Big Smoke order challenge..... I attempted this with two buttermilk chicken sandwiches:

Do I recommend this? Eh, not really. Too much food in one sitting and really difficult to eat. But it was still satisfying in the end.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A couple of Zaxby's came to my town in recent years, but I've never bothered giving the place a try, because . . . I honestly don't know how any of their chicken is, because they rarely, if ever, advertise/promote their chicken . . . it's their milkshakes they always seem to hawk, and I remember years ago they brought in a bunch of C and D-list celebrities to hawk their milkshakes in their commercials, like Ryan Stiles.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also thanks to Matt Stonie’s Big Smoke order challenge..... I attempted this with two buttermilk chicken sandwiches:

Do I recommend this? Eh, not really. Too much food in one sitting and really difficult to eat. But it was still satisfying in the end.
The chicken looks overcooked and the buns look burned. O.O

cjd874

Reaction score
On the topic of seafood, my family used to go to Lenny & Joe's (in New Haven, CT) for fried seafood before the pandemic hit. They serve REALLY good fried fish, scallops, oysters, and calamari! This is also the place where I discovered that I enjoy dipping French fries in tartar sauce.

In terms of fast food, my go-tos are Five Guys and McDonald's. There's a McD's drive-thru five minutes away from my home, which is convenient...but I just haven't been going there as of late. I used to eat a lot of Chick Fil-A in college, but then I stopped because when I moved back home, there were no Chick Fil-A restaurants in town.