Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder what happened. Was the source who provided the info on what episode are lost incorrect? Did somebody official happen to have a copy? Was this a recorded from television copy (though it was one of the moderators who has been getting rare episodes who posted the images - and the picture quality looks on par with other rare episodes from the vault)?

Sometimes when we see these rare images and such I have been thinking “when a miracle happens don’t question it”, but I am really curious on how this one was obtained.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I’m sure we’ll find out possibly. Regardless, it’s nice to see such an episode with Don Music isn’t lost after all! And another nice cameo from the Alphabeats! 😎 🎸
And also an episode with Bruno is not lost! And an episode with Fluffy.

I was surprised to see Oscar standing next to Bruno, so somebody Other than Caroll must have been wearing him (I’m guessing Martin Robinson, or do we know that he originated Fluffy). Looking at the page before, I wondered if Fluffy was inside the trash can Bruno was holding or not (and I guess we were robbed of another Caroll Spinney character).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Was this episode “missing” perhaps in the fact that it was just put in there due to having an incomplete script from the trusted script sources? Cause if that were the case, I would have just left that episode blank like any other episode before the episode was ordered for a full guide. I’m wondering if maybe this one was just misplaced?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Ah, I see. Well I’m glad to see this one survived after all! I was kind of surprised to see an early 80s episode on there with the fact that VHS tapes by this point were becoming more common, giving more opportunities for episodes to be backed up should anything happen.