American Archive of Public Broadcasting to preserve nearly 4,500 Sesame Street episodes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've learned that the place now has episodes from season 15 and up at the archive.

Looking at the page, I see that they don't include descriptions for the episodes (do they expect everybody to just search the wiki to know what to look for... even if, according to some that tried to make an appointment, they mainly allow viewing for research purposes?), but they do have screenshots. It has been making me wonder if, for the season 15-19 episodes that the wiki doesn't have any info on, it'd be okay to list the segments shown in the screenshots on the wiki page (those seem reliable).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It has been making me wonder if, for the season 15-19 episodes that the wiki doesn't have any info on, it'd be okay to list the segments shown in the screenshots on the wiki page (those seem reliable).
I mean, we'll have tables in place for those soon, so it's not really all that useful to have a page that just says "Sand Alphabet - R." or whatever.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I previously said that the site doesn't list episode descriptions, but then I looked at their info on some late-1990s episodes, and see that some do have descriptions and some don't (not seeing descriptions in '80s or early '90s episodes, but I haven't looked that thoroughly).

So if it has all the post-season 15 episodes, then it has episode 2806, the most recent pre-season 50 episode where the wiki doesn't have full info. Good to see the screenshot and know at least one segment that appears ("Let's Go Driving"). But it is interesting, I searched "Sesame Street 2806", and it just displayed every episode of Sesame Street that's currently at the archives (I had to keep clicking on random "search pages", which is what led to me seeing search results for late-1990s episodes and got me to find that later ones do have episode descriptions).

Recently, the Muppet Wiki sandbox page for unidentified episodes did note The American Archive of Public Television noting one unknown episode number, I assumed either Scott or Shane had contacted the archive (or vice versa, but how likely would that be?) and got the info. I didn't realize that the episodes are there now and didn't think about the fact that the website shows screenshots. It would be interesting to see if any of the same screenshots (or similar enough screenshots from the same segments) show up multiple times as the episodes main image.

crackmaster

Reaction score
I wonder what segments were on 847. Maybe they had the Superman and Batman cartoons.

ssetta

Reaction score
Any word on when the AAPB will get the rest of the series?