American Archive of Public Broadcasting to preserve nearly 4,500 Sesame Street episodes

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if #847 would not be an option. If I were to choose one or the other, I would choose the "every episode except #847" option
Just letting you know, I think he was being sarcastic in that post. Considering these episodes aren’t being released publicly anyway, I highly doubt 847 wouldn’t be included.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just letting you know, I think he was being sarcastic in that post.
Yes, I was being sarcastic (and playing along with a few posts).

I had thought about taking the joke further and saying that elves would give fans the option of either all episodes but 847 or they would only get that one and their memories of all other episodes they've seen would be erased. But I figured that would be too far.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
If you want the truth seasons 14 to 19 is my absolute favorite era of the show too. Probably because it's my era. But it was also a rather interesting time for the show.
To be honest, I stopped watching just after the milestone Episode 2000. Going with the flow, plus some of the segments being creepy, were determining factors in my desire to discontinue watching the show.

But as a mature adult, I would be quite interested to see what I missed out on during the remainders of Season 16, and much of Seasons 17 through 19.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
More episodes have been added since my last post :smile: Now they've gotten as early as season 27 :big_grin:
If memory serves correctly, wasn't Season 27 the first season with only one sponsored letter per new episode?

My best guess is, they're adding episodes by season, starting with a more recent season, and backtracking. I bet Season 26 will be next to add.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
If you want the truth seasons 14 to 19 is my absolute favorite era of the show too. Probably because it's my era. But it was also a rather interesting time for the show.
Seasons 10 through 15 were my most favorite era.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
We're half-a-year-in and americanarchive.org still hasn't made them "available online"... Google reveals that a few episodes from Season 38 have shown up but not freely available yet... It might be possible that, like other US TV museums you may be only able to watch them inside the the museum...
The TVPMM website is an archive filled with music scores from TV shows, including Joe Raposo's music from "Sesame Street". The site offers access to hear these cues, but require paying a subscription fee. Kind of surprising that not a single older episode of "Sesame Street" is available for online viewing on the AAPB, never mind having to pay a subscription fee.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Since WGBH now has season 27 onward loaded up, I just want to ask if any Boston folks tried going there by appointment yet? My only question is does it cost any money to actually set up the appointment?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if Season 27 onward (at this point) will be the first batch of classic episodes released to HBO Max, assuming they are transferred to digital at this point.