New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

MissAubree

Reaction score
Hmm... It's not only the first post of mine, but it's also the first post of this forum in two years. Anyways, hello, my name is Aubree, and I admire the Muppets, especially the original Muppet Babies. I am literally an expert on the original Muppet Babies, and I am looking forward to watching every episode of The Muppet Show soon.

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I loved Jim Henson's Muppet movies and The Muppet Show. Gonzo, Fozzie, and Kermit were top favorite characters. I love Miss Piggy's dramatics throughout the show. Muppets Most Wanted was a great movie. I loved Kermit ending up in the gulag with the Russian prison guard. It's always hilarious watching Beaker and Dr. Bunson's experiments in the lab. I actually met the lady who designed and made Beaker!!! True story, she was sitting next to us on an airplane working on sewing puppets and we come to find out she made Beaker!!! It would be fun to knit or crochet a Muppet character, I think, as I like to crochet and knit. Anyways, that's just a bit about me. Oh, I like to write fanfiction too. Never tried a Muppet Fanfic though. Hmmm.....maybe if I got some help, I could make one up. Any takers?

Floydy Boy

Reaction score
Hi guys! The name's Floyd! :sing:
I've been a Muppets fan for three-four years now! (since I was 13, 17 next week) Which I guess is recentish? Compared to some others who've been into it since the 80s anyways
My first exposure was the original muppets movie where I was blown away by how people could use puppets to tell such a beautiful and well crafted story and make them look so alive! My favourite muppet is Grover but I also love Teeth and Rowlf (I have a soft spot for pianists with a country voice lol) My favourite movie is The Muppets Movie followed closely by Muppets Take Manhattan, and my favourite show is Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street!
I'm super excited to meet you all and I hope that we can become friends! :big_grin:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Hi guys! The name's Floyd! :sing:
I've been a Muppets fan for three-four years now! (since I was 13, 17 next week) Which I guess is recentish? Compared to some others who've been into it since the 80s anyways
My first exposure was the original muppets movie where I was blown away by how people could use puppets to tell such a beautiful and well crafted story and make them look so alive! My favourite muppet is Grover but I also love Teeth and Rowlf (I have a soft spot for pianists with a country voice lol) My favourite movie is The Muppets Movie followed closely by Muppets Take Manhattan, and my favourite show is Fraggle Rock and Sesame Street!
I'm super excited to meet you all and I hope that we can become friends! :big_grin:
Nice to meet you Floyd! The Muppet Movie is my second-favorite next to The Great Muppet Caper.

Garan Grey

Reaction score
Where do I begin? I was a 20something living in NYC and already familiar with Rowlf and the Muppets when the series began to air. I had a Muppet Show poster on my bedroom wall and was not far from the Henson Company townhouse that served as their headquarters. A fairly nondescript building with some fun stuff in the upper windows, it felt like walking by the Wonka factory, you could only imagine the magic inside. When Muppets Take Manhattan started filming in town, I happened across the whole core Muppet gang trudging down a street with Jim, Frank, etc underneath on a big dolly. I knew not to disturb them and had to be somewhere, so I didn't linger. Not long after, a casting call went out for extras. When I went in, the same casting director who'd used me in two other movies announced that she would not be deciding who was cast, and the Muppet people would be choosing. She said "If you don't get cast, you're just not Muppet material." I wanted it badly, so I tried to "Think Muppet." Sitting up straight and wide eyed, probably looking eager and game, a Muppet guy came by pointing to people "...and You!" I was chosen! I was there a whole day for the college audience scene. Jim explained what their jobs were like, "Everybody put your arm up over your head..."