Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I watched the gay rat wedding, and it was an alright episode. Didn't like how they spit in the face of continuity yet again with Arthur still baffled that teachers have normal lives outside the classroom, even though he stayed at his house way back in season 4. Plus the whole "lover actually turns out to be a relative" is long past tired by this point.

The fake letter to "Paj Tuner" with all of its misspellings was downright gut-busting, especially when they had her imagine Ratburn reading it. And I liked how even though the Jane Lynch-voiced older sister showed up out of nowhere, the writers remembered Rodentia existed, with her weeping tears of joy over her brother's wedding.

And the biggest thing that flew over the radar? The fact that Ratburn married an aardvark, making them one of the few married couples of different species in this universe, the other being Emily's parents.

wiley207

Reaction score
I watched the gay rat wedding, and it was an alright episode. Didn't like how they spit in the face of continuity yet again with Arthur still baffled that teachers have normal lives outside the classroom, even though he stayed at his house way back in season 4. Plus the whole "lover actually turns out to be a relative" is long past tired by this point.

The fake letter to "Paj Tuner" with all of its misspellings was downright gut-busting, especially when they had her imagine Ratburn reading it. And I liked how even though the Jane Lynch-voiced older sister showed up out of nowhere, the writers remembered Rodentia existed, with her weeping tears of joy over her brother's wedding.

And the biggest thing that flew over the radar? The fact that Ratburn married an aardvark, making them one of the few married couples of different species in this universe, the other being Emily's parents.
Don't forget Carl's parents, apparently! I'm also pretty sure Patty Ratburn is also gay, given her mannerisms and wardrobe, and that Jane Lynch voiced her. Perhaps it runs in the Ratburn family? Except maybe for Rodentia, as it was mentioned a while back she had a child. And with that, it was nice to see Rodentia make a cameo appearance at the wedding. In fact, I wrote a fanfic a couple years ago of D.W. starting kindergarten at Lakewood Elementary, where Rodentia teachers her kindergarten class, while Mr. Ratburn teaches Arthur's fourth grade class, since he also moved up with them...

mr3urious

Reaction score
When Mr. Manino actually does retire or pass away, Rafi would be the most likely candidate for the Sugar Bowl's new manager and owner. Then again, he might already have since Mr. Manino was never heard of again since season 15's "Through the Looking Glasses", and Rafi just showed up the following season. :concern:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's far more retconning attributed to just how long this series has gone on.

DatH

Reaction score
There's far more retconning attributed to just how long this series has gone on.
S1 had continuity issues with Sue Ellen and Kate, S3 Muffy was in the same Kindergarten as George, S4 Nemo suddenly hates Pal, etc
I find it funny Hirsch co tried to excuse Brain's height by saying he was held back. Then post S16 way too many things contradict worse than earlier seasons

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I find it funny Hirsch co tried to excuse Brain's height by saying he was held back.
Ugh, I hate it when they suddenly throw wrenches into character arcs like that. Like Binky suddenly having peanut allergies when he never had them before, or Francine suddenly being insecure and having stage fright when she loves being the center of attention.

DatH

Reaction score
Ugh, I hate it when they suddenly throw wrenches into character arcs like that. Like Binky suddenly having peanut allergies when he never had them before, or Francine suddenly being insecure and having stage fright when she loves being the center of attention.
The peanut allergy one is fairly common. Signs don't typically show immediately depending on the person. The inverse is also true: certain people can outgrow their allergies
Francine though, UGH. Elwood turns 100 was such a good ep too, and then they desecrate it like that