Did SesameStreet.org remove all classic clips from their site?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I doubt Sesame Workshop really cares about their website, they are more focus on their YouTube.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, even Channel Awesome kind of realized that by just uploading their content directly to a YouTube channel, it pretty much made their actual website kind of pointless and moot anyway.

datman24

Reaction score
Websites are pretty much dead. Everything is basically run by YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Wikipedia.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Websites are pretty much dead. Everything is basically run by YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Wikipedia.
And don't forget trusted sites which deliver the news. Which I am now trying to avoid at all costs.

Fozzieboba

Reaction score
When did websites start becoming dead? I used to enjoy doing all the fun content on the show's website, alongside the PBS Kids website.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
When did websites start becoming dead? I used to enjoy doing all the fun content on the show's website, alongside the PBS Kids website.
Because people are interested in apps and such on their smartphones

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Do you suppose the removing of classic clips from the show's official website could be the start of a gradual removal of the show's official website?

If memory serves correctly, removing a website devoted to any particular TV show is likely done in phases. They take down some media first, then they delete some pages, and then the website is no more. This could most likely be due to redundancy, whether a show gets cancelled or not.

If the website devoted to "The Price is Right" were to be taken down, it would likely be due to cancellation or the producers opting to end the series due to a reduced budget. If the show was to go off the air in, hypothetically speaking, September, its website would start its phaseout sometime in August, beginning with the removal of some media, then pages gradually coming down, ending to the site's demise upon the show's final broadcast.

We all know that "Sesame Street" has been renewed through Season 55, so it's not leaving anytime soon. That said, I am just going to safely assume that redundancy and/or cost savings is likely a factor for the decision to remove some Sesame media and/or the show's website.