Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

DatH

Reaction score
Something I learned recently, the VHS tapes with the barcodes on the left were for the Actimates toys. the barcode outright had full audio stored that activates the toy at certain points. It's pretty cool, but for reruns, instead of using the footage before these edits they simply zoom in, losing detail on corners, which affects all reruns and Amazon Prime

Someone's slacking at WGBH for not releasing masters

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I know that those toys weren’t around for very long either, and that they lasted for about a few years and that’s it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
In "Grandma Thora Appreciation Day", Thora's line in the beginning about how she doesn't have cable but gets public television clear as a bell, followed by Arthur and D.W. groaning, sounds a lot like the writers making a biting-the-hand joke against PBS. It's a lot like The Simpsons and their never-ending jabs at Fox, though in Arthur's case it comes out of left field!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It is sad that anytime I hear anything about the episode "Grandma Thora Appreciation Day," I tend to think more about this old YouTube Poop instead?

DatH

Reaction score
It is sad that anytime I hear anything about the episode "Grandma Thora Appreciation Day," I tend to think more about this old YouTube Poop instead?
Hmm, ambitious. Sentence mixing was iffy at the beginning, but it gets better the more it goes along. Only real issue is too many unedited parts, and overall sluggish pacing
To answer your question, yes

mr3urious

Reaction score
Another minor character I find interesting is Patty Jones in "The Last of Mary Moo Cow", the woman in who played Mary only to retire the role to start her true calling in life: being a boring financial news anchor. I like to think that Patty only saw Mary as mind-numbing schlock that paid the bills, but after seeing D.W.'s petition and inviting her to the studio where it's taped, reconsidered it a bit and hinted at new episodes in the future (which did happen eventually).

And speaking of Jones, there's Ratburn's old teacher Mr. Pryce-Jones from "The Return of the King", whom he saw as his idol and based his teaching methods off of, albeit in a less strict way. For one, he didn't turn recess into boot camp. :big_grin:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did Ratburn idolize Pryce-Jones? I don't remember that much of it . . . I just knew that Ratburn felt like his teaching methods weren't as efficient or effective - something I also remember Pryce-Jones remarking to Ratburn.

DatH

Reaction score
Did Ratburn idolize Pryce-Jones? I don't remember that much of it . . . I just knew that Ratburn felt like his teaching methods weren't as efficient or effective - something I also remember Pryce-Jones remarking to Ratburn.
In a way yeah. He was Mr. Ratburn's teacher after all
It's the main reason he was embarrassed when his class was losing to his