TV Alert: The Muppets on "The Disney Family Singalong: Volume 2" Sunday May 10, 2020

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sunday night make plans to watch Kermit, Miss Piggy and the Muppets begin "The Disney Family Singalong: Volume 2" at 7|6c on ABC.

The Muppets will raise the curtain on the show, followed by a vocal warmup with Tituss Burgess, and the updated roster of performances will include the following:

“A Whole New World”—Idina Menzel and Ben Platt

“Almost There”—Chloe x Halle and Anika Noni Rose

“Baby Mine”—Katy Perry

“Beauty and the Beast” – John Legend and Jennifer Hudson

“Hakuna Matata”—Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner feat. Donald Glover and Walter Russell III

“Part of Your World”—Halsey

“Poor Unfortunate Souls”—Rebel Wilson

“Remember Me”—Miguel feat. Christina Aguilera

“Step in Time” and “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious”—Derek Hough, Julianne Hough, and Hayley Erbert

“Try Everything”—Shakira

“When I Am Older”—Josh Gad

“You’ll Be in My Heart”—Disney on Broadway stars Merle Dandridge, Heather Headley, Adam Jacobs, Caissie Levy, Kara Lindsay, Kevin Massey, and Josh Strickland

“Your Mother and Mine”—Sabrina Carpenter feat. Lang Lang

“Zero to Hero”—Keke Palmer feat. Dancing with the Stars Pros Lindsay Arnold, Alan Bersten, Witney Carson, Val Chmerkovskiy, Jenna Johnson, Sasha Farber, and Emma Slater

Nearly 13 million people across the nation were united in song by "The Disney Family Singalong", a Disney Magic Moment celebrating family and music that aired Thursday, April 16, on ABC.

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I suspected, they did a new version of the MS theme song, but all the Muppets and celebs. in their video windows. Neat for what it was.
Yes, it was rather obvious it would be "The Muppet Show Theme" with the Disney promotional references to raise the curtain and light the lights.

An interesting choice would've been the Muppets and celebs singing "Hey a Movie!" over a Disney movie montage. Or since this is the second singalong, the Muppets could've sung a new version of "We're Doing a Sequel" to open the show. It would've also been a great time to sing "Cabin Fever" from Muppet Treasure Island. There was so much potential here.

Last edited:

Robinlover

Reaction score
I'll keep my post just like the intro.

Too short
Agreed. Waay too short.

I was also shocked to see Rizzo. Thought they would’ve retired him since Steve got fired. Wonder who was performing him, and if he will appear on Muppets Now.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Yes, it was rather obvious it would be "The Muppet Show Theme" with the Disney promotional references to raise the curtain and light the lights.

An interesting choice would've been the Muppets and celebs singing "Hey a Movie!" over a Disney movie montage. Or since this is the second singalong, the Muppets could've sung a new version of "We're Doing a Sequel" to open the show. It would've also been a great time to sing "Cabin Fever" from Muppet Treasure Island. There was so much potential here.
At least it wasn’t the overdone “Rainbow Connection” again. :rolleyes:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was good. Though I don't like that at the end, some of the same characters appeared in multiple video images.

And Miss Piggy appeared in alater scene, following the first commercial break, where she says that she cans till keep her hair good despite not being able to get it done.,

Maybe the Muppets should have done something after every commercial break. Or maybe the Muppets should have hosted and introduced the acts. I wonder if it would have been feasible to have the Muppets sing classic Disney songs. Were these numbers sung live as opposed to pre-recorded tracks? Would it have been too hard to have the performers sing live (I know, they did sing the opening song, whether it was live or not)?

And there was one point, I think it was an intro, a kid was shown cheering for the next song, looked like he was waving his arms like Kermit. I wondered if that was meant to be a Kermit impression. I can't remember when this appeared in the special.

As for the whole special itself, not just the Muppet parts, it seems like there were hardly any Walt-era songs (one from Dumbo, one from Peter Pan, and a back-to-back performance of two Mary Poppins song), nearly all are from 1989 and up (with two Little Mermaid songs at different points). I missed the first special so I'm unsure if there was more of that there. I almost feel like it would be great if there were some more obscure or less-acknowledged Disney songs, I almost want to say it's hard to determine what Disney animation canon songs are really obscure (though there were a few songs I was unfamiliar with - even though I've seen all the films except The Princess and the Frog; though that mother song from Peter Pan is one that I don't really think of much, and I've seen that one a lot).

Looking at Katy Perry dressed as Mrs. Jumbo (which carried on to the following American idol episode), her mask almost looks like Mrs. Potts with elephant ears.

kathy26

Reaction score
Who were all of the stars and muppets in that intro?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It was great to see Chip and Rizzo. I hope this means Chip will be in Muppets Now, I won't hold my breath for Rizzo.