Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm sad about the first appearances of Slimey and Linda both being lost.

And I think there are other notables in there, too. Like one of only two appearances of proto-Maria, the only two guest appearances made by Cleavon Little (one of which has Big Bird building a rocket which sounds really fun), and three Pete Seeger episodes (one which has a song about MLK).

There's also an episode where Molly (Charlotte Rae) sings "Believe in Yourself" to a little girl that I was really hoping to see, and the lost episode where Jesse Jackson performs "I Am - Somebody" (which we've all see on DVD) has two other orations by him that I'd like to see. I'd be bummed about the lost Mudman episode if we hadn't found some episodes with him recently, but there's a version of "Sing" we'll never get to see, and some other assorted musings.

So, not all 60 of them are notable, but there's some significant stuff in there, IMO.
I don’t really want to turn this thread into a thread about the actual lost episodes (we kinda already have a thread for that), but most of those do sound interesting. The stuff I’m most bummed about are the character debut episodes and most of the season three Snuffy-centric episodes. I’m also interested in the one with Oscar’s postal service, and maybe episode 1814, if only because the script might not be the final aired version (and in part because Bruno makes an appearance), but on the bright side, that one came when it became more common for people to record television, that one probably has the best chance of being recorded by somebody.

some of the musical performances seem interesting as well, though most of them were done in other episodes as well.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
I am so sorry to have to bring up another breaking news about online leaks aside from the Wicked Witch one, but someone now leaked recorded audio from the Snuffy Parents Divorce episode online, too. ;(

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Old news... that audio has been on and off YouTube since pretty much the day of the event.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I find that creepy now, if I saw that as a kid I would have been scarred for life and would never watch Sesame Street again