Sesame Street Special "Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration"

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So, the DVD release of this is a bit weird: the Solange song is cut (as is the scene in the Laundromat before it). And after the main part of the special, it goes to a bunch of those Sesame Memory videos, but now, after each one, a full clip is shown (either relating to do the memory or what was directly discussed, making it seem a little repetitive).
Aw man. I hope someone uploads that bit with Grundgetta online then, cause I deleted my DVR recording to prepare for this.

BeakerGirl94

Reaction score
I'm not surprised Eric Jacobson performed Harvey, given how he can nail the Frank Oz voices. He even had the laugh down!
Eric Jacobson is one of my absolute favorite Muppet performers currently in the business he's done great things with pretty much every Frank Oz legacy character that he's taken over and his appearance as Harvey Kneeslapper is no exception

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I still think SW could easily recast Murray or at least have him make sporadic appearances with a new performer such as in specials like this. If they can do that with other long lost characters who's performers are no longer around, they certainly could do it with Murray.
I agree that Murray should be brought back with a new performer. He became too high profile a character to be retired.

I still think Frankie Cordero, the performer of Rudy, would be a good new performer for Murray, if only because Rudy's voice sounds quite a bit like Murray. And it would give Frankie more characters to do on the show in addition to Rudy.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Enough with the "recast Murray" pipe dream. They're not gonna do that. Mainly because his role is inessential to the show now; there's no need for a "host," and they're going to stick with Abby-Cookie-Elmo format segments, not ones with non-central characters.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Enough with the "recast Murray" pipe dream. They're not gonna do that. Mainly because his role is inessential to the show now; there's no need for a "host," and they're going to stick with Abby-Cookie-Elmo format segments, not ones with non-central characters.
Plus Murray was essentially Joey’s baby it’s hard to capture someone’s character that they brought up.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Plus Murray was essentially Joey’s baby it’s hard to capture someone’s character that they brought up.
I totally agree with you but couldn't have Elmo been considered Kevin's baby? Why is it ok to recast Elmo but not Murray. Both were created by their original respective performers who left the show.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I totally agree with you but couldn't have Elmo been considered Kevin's baby? Why is it ok to recast Elmo but not Murray. Both were created by their original respective performers who left the show.
Like said before Elmo is one of the main stars and is a merchandising juggernaut. On the other hand, Murray was basically secondary and didn’t have that much merchandise

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I still think SW could easily recast Murray or at least have him make sporadic appearances with a new performer such as in specials like this. If they can do that with other long lost characters who's performers are no longer around, they certainly could do it with Murray.

Well, it's understandable that they wanted to make it a surprise. I guess they just sort of went to far. I can't hold a grudge. I made the same mistake with an April Fool's joke I did here a few years ago, so it happens. Lol.
When Horatio appeared they just dubbed in Joey's voice do I don't understand why they couldn't do that with Murray especially since he was the only SS Muppet to appear with Joseph Gordon Levitt on camera before