Would the Muppets be better off owned by Warner Bros.?

Would they be better off with WB?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No, Disney is a better home for them!

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Maybe, but it's hard to say.

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • I don't care who owns the Muppets, as long as we get good content!

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

BeakerGirl94

Reaction score
What if Krofft owned the Muppets? Marty Krofft in general is particularly business-savvy, and he and Sid have done well in protecting and preserving their own properties over the decades, not to mention Marty himself has said he hasn't been too impressed with what Disney's been doing with the Muppets either.

Plus, Krofft is a similar kind of company that Henson was when Jim was still alive: just a small, artistic company, usually having to partner with another company to produce projects . . . but arguably, Krofft was more commercially successful back in the 70s and 80s than Henson was - and the Hensons were a tad envious of Krofft in that respect (Lisa even admits she flat-out hated the Kroffts when she was a kid for having multiple shows on all three networks during a time when Jim only had TMS).
I don't think the Henson family would allow anyone besides Disney to own The Muppets

Cookie3001

Reaction score
What if Krofft owned the Muppets? Marty Krofft in general is particularly business-savvy, and he and Sid have done well in protecting and preserving their own properties over the decades, not to mention Marty himself has said he hasn't been too impressed with what Disney's been doing with the Muppets either.

Plus, Krofft is a similar kind of company that Henson was when Jim was still alive: just a small, artistic company, usually having to partner with another company to produce projects . . . but arguably, Krofft was more commercially successful back in the 70s and 80s than Henson was - and the Hensons were a tad envious of Krofft in that respect (Lisa even admits she flat-out hated the Kroffts when she was a kid for having multiple shows on all three networks during a time when Jim only had TMS).
That would certainly be interesting

LStein

Reaction score
I would say yes, though they also haven’t been as promising with DVD releases with TV shows (but I guess that really doesn’t matter anymore anyway).
Where the HECK are the Fourth and Fifth seasons of The Muppet Show!?!? This is getting BEYOND nerve racking!!!! :sympathy::concern::confused::mad::boo::grr:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Can't wait to see Muppets Now on Disney + (whenever it comes out). It's gonna be largely improvised, which means the performers could finally have the freedom they've been needing to develop/stay true to the characters. Even if it is shorts, as opposed to a full length series, I think this will help the franchise in the long run.
Seems like the new head at Muppet Studios is off to a good start. Can't wait to see what he decides to do next!