Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So far, TOY STORY 4 seems to be getting quite a bit of mixed reviews: the positive reviews are coming from people who enjoyed it purely for nostalgia, while the negative reviews are coming from people who feel it basically deviates what the previous three entries have built up.

I've heard it said that TS4 even ignores or retcons much of TS3 in favor for the plot of TS4; that, and apparently Woody's character is completely ruined in TS4. Or, so I've heard.
Yikes.
So yeah, most likely skipping this one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Remember back in the early 2000s we had that CHARLIE'S ANGELS remake? With Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, and Lucy Liu? With Bill Murray as Bosley? And remember they did a sequel where the late Bernie Mac replaced Bill Murray as Bosley?

Well, guess what?

Yep! We're getting another CHARLIE'S ANGELS remake. With . . . three actresses who I really don't know much about and never really heard of before, but like Drew Barrymore beforehand, Elizabeth Banks is behind this one.

And do you know why we're getting another CHARLIE'S ANGELS movie remake? You really want to know why? All because Ariana Grande and Miley Cyrus did a song about it. Seriously, that's why we're getting a new movie remake: because two over-sexed and wild pop stars did a song, and this movie is basically an excuse to attach their new song to.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and Ryan Reynolds is also rebooting HOME ALONE.

As a stoner comedy.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and Ryan Reynolds is also rebooting HOME ALONE.

As a stoner comedy.
This reminds me of that time where Sony wanted Seth Rogen to reboot Ghostbusters as a stoner comedy. Both Rogan and Harold Ramis said that would’ve been a terrible idea.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
as a furry i am personally offended by the cats trailer

and terrified

please keep those abominations far away from me. they might steal my soul and eat me while i sleep

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I pointed out in another thread, my biggest issue is Taylor Swift is starring in it, which would probably result in a budding movie career for her, which will mean it won't be enough that she's all over the radio, she'll be all over Hollywood too, which means we'll never be able to get away from her.

On the other hand, she's always had a very catty-looking face, so this may work. :stick_out_tongue:

Otherwise, GOOD BOYS looks absolutely terrible, horrendous, and disgusting, but I suppose I shouldn't be at all surprised that Seth Rogen is behind it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, I'm so glad the live-action Dora movie will have poop humor in it, because whenever I think of Dora the Explorer . . . oh yeah, I think of poop humor.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Oh, I'm so glad the live-action Dora movie will have poop humor in it, because whenever I think of Dora the Explorer . . . oh yeah, I think of poop humor.
I’m more surprised at Paramount and Nickelodeon decide to put money toward a dead property