Bootleg Sesame Street mascot costumes

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Okay check this out, some Spanish variety show did a Plaza Sesamo tribute in 1995 and it went horribly wrong
I would like to insult each costume one by one but I'll just pick a few to insult for now. Cookie Monster looks like a cross between Grimace and HR Pufnstuf, Bert looks like someone sat on his head and squashed it and Big Bird looks like a chicken on drugs

datman24

Reaction score
Here we have terrible Oscar, Abby and Zoe costumes

Oscar has fur that is much to dark and WHY THE **** IS HIS EYEBROW PINK. Oscar actually likes awful things so saying he's awful is a compliment. Abby looks like an enchanted mouse and Zoe just looks flat out horrible
Okay, Oscar looks like the parody version as seen on MadTV, and did Abby Cadabby just morph with Kippi Ben Kippod?

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Okay, Oscar looks like the parody version as seen on MadTV, and did Abby Cadabby just morph with Kippi Ben Kippod?
If you ask me the MadTV Oscar looked much better than this one

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Regarding the Plaza Sesamo tribute, the one thing I'll give it props for is that they snuck in a reference to "Julie on Sesame Street" (the dancing trash cans). And this was years before the special surfaced online for the general public to see again.

And they sang the original Plaza Sesamo theme at the beginning (the one from the 70s era with Abelardo the dragon and Paco the parrot, which I'm very interested in seeing, as I'm intrigued by those characters' designs and am curious to see them in action).

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Regarding the Plaza Sesamo tribute, the one thing I'll give it props for is that they snuck in a reference to "Julie on Sesame Street" (the dancing trash cans). And this was years before the special surfaced online for the general public to see again.

And they sang the original Plaza Sesamo theme at the beginning (the one from the 70s era with Abelardo the dragon and Paco the parrot, which I'm very interested in seeing, as I'm intrigued by those characters' designs and am curious to see them in action).
You're right, those parts were pretty cool but the costumes are crap (other than The Count, he wasn't to bad). I also hate the Kermit puppet in the back and I wish I could get a better look at the Elmo and Grover puppets on the right side of the stage.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Also I should add that the other two songs they used were pretty obscure choices, they used Mahna mahna (SS version) and Little Jerry's Proud song

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I think you all know what I'm going to say about this Ernie