What made you think today?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Crappy week at work, but in trying to turn my thoughts away from stressful situations, it suddenly hit me how to get around the plot issue I'd been having in my current work in progress (writing). Which in turn improved my mood and helped me get through the worst of the week. Subjective proof, I guess, that mental multitasking can aid in solving multiple problems?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seeing the news of Notre Dame being up in flames (and that the cathedral's stire has collapsed as a result), I honestly couldn't help but think about Frollo burning down parts of Paris in search of Esmeralda.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nobody knows anything about the origin of the fire, but as soon as I saw the footage on TV, my first thought was this was another terrorist attack by ISIS or something, given the way the world is today (and that Paris seems to be a favorite target for ISIS).

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Nobody knows anything about the origin of the fire, but as soon as I saw the footage on TV, my first thought was this was another terrorist attack by ISIS or something, given the way the world is today (and that Paris seems to be a favorite target for ISIS).
Fire started by renovation, accidentally. Although I saw a truly wonderful twitter thread by Oliver Willis making Evil Michele Obama fanfic out of the conspiracy theory that "the libs" somehow started the fire. Utterly hilarious.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I did see where Fox News was actually criticizing the way Paris's fire departments responded to and handled the situation . . . I'm honestly surprised they didn't find some way to blame Obama or the libs for the fire.

Actually, I'm more surprised that Trump didn't take the opportunity to tweet something along the lines of, "If I was in Paris, I would've run into the cathedrul and put the fire out myself with all the holy water they had on hand. Nobody puts out fires better than me."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We've talked before about how sad we think it is that we're seeing kids being handed phones, tablets, and other flat screen devices almost as soon as they're born, and while it's sure to have ill effects on the children growing up in the logn run, I got to thinking about it, and you know what I was given almost as soon as I was born? The magic of motion pictures . . . and I'm starting to wonder if that affected me growing up into me becoming the artistic and creative person that I am today? I'm pretty sure I saw Roger Rabbit before I could even walk or talk (I know my mom loves to cite that she saw the movie in theaters when she was pregnant with me).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, I have quite fond memories of watching lots of Sesame Street and Thomas the Tank Engine in between the ages of 2 and 3..... so it’s possible.

I mean, hey, I’m certainly creative myself. :stick_out_tongue: