The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason Fanfiction.net logged me out at their website, and when I tried everything to log back in, even going so far to go through the process of resetting my password it still wouldn't let me back. There's some current nonsense about robots and a recapcia image challenge, the audio codes aren't active. Really frustrating for us visually impaired members. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unless we still have a chance of having a Blackberry Winter - which we haven't had in a number of years - it looks like today will be the last day for wearing sweaters, and tonight will be the last night for wearing jammies, until . . . probably November or so.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I’m unemployed again because I had to resign from JC penny’s.

But honestly, it was for the best. That place was NOT for me at all. I could barely have a conversation with the customers.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The deal was, it was a temporary trial to see how I was doing. And it was not easy.

My boss didn’t think I was doing too well, but she did offer me one more week to improve, but quite honestly, I chose not to.

JC Penny’s is not my type of retail store; if anything, i’d be suited off better for FYE or GameStop. Far as I’m concerned, I wouldn’t see myself improving.

The other issue was I was barely given any hours to begin with. There was one week I only came in like one day and didn’t come back for a week. Let that sink in.

Any Del

Reaction score
The fact that I have to take a summer class just so I could graduate faster. :rolleyes: All because one of the classes from my second semester at that time offered 2 credits and not 3. :sigh: This is gonna be one stressing livid summer... :sigh: :frown:

Any Del

Reaction score
Not to mention this woman I saw on the train back in October could not stop staring at me.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The fact that I have to take a summer class just so I could graduate faster. :rolleyes: All because one of the classes from my second semester at that time offered 2 credits and not 3. :sigh: This is gonna be one stressing livid summer... :sigh: :frown:
Sorry to hear that. :frown:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The deal was, it was a temporary trial to see how I was doing. And it was not easy.

My boss didn’t think I was doing too well, but she did offer me one more week to improve, but quite honestly, I chose not to.

JC Penny’s is not my type of retail store; if anything, i’d be suited off better for FYE or GameStop. Far as I’m concerned, I wouldn’t see myself improving.

The other issue was I was barely given any hours to begin with. There was one week I only came in like one day and didn’t come back for a week. Let that sink in.
I'm sorry Penney's didn't work out for you. Retail is not for everybody. You have to be a people person and know how to hustle.
I was at Penney's for 11 years (1988 to 1999). They treated me very well. For a while I thought I wanted to do this for the rest of my life. I made good money and lived the people I worked with.
But Penney's is not the same store anymore. I'm surprised they're still in business, lately they've been taking a beating.

After WWII malls started popping up in the suburbs, and Penney's and Sears flourished while Downtown went bust. Now it's happening to the malls.