None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Up until yesterday, December actually started out below average, which is very unusual for us: for several days, our highs were only in the 30s and 40s - we even woke up to a little bit of snow on the ground this past Sunday, and snowfall in December is very rare for us!

We're back to normal now in the 50s, and it looks like the remainder of the month will be like that, but that's okay; least it's still nice sweater weather, as it should be this time of year. I was so afraid this would end up being another one of those Decembers where it keeps jumping up into the 60s or even 70s all month long; glad this was one of those many occasions where my instincts were incorrect.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Bummed that we didn't get snow for Christmas, and the precipitation this week is forecast to be a mix of rain and snow, freezing rain, ice...yuck.

Not a fan of climate change, and the locals who joke about it irritate me. To **** with these highs in the mid-30s. I want WINTER, ******.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And you know what? I'm just gonna go ahead and call it: I bet that we'll have another unseasonably warm Christmas again this year - 60s or maybe even 70s
And, here we are! :rolleyes:

Okay, so, it's just for one day today, but . . . yeah, it's not supposed to be in the 60s in December (or January, for that matter).

Actually, the first week and a half of December actually started out below average for us - we even had overnight snow one weekend, and snow December is rare for us. Then, up until today, it was pretty much normal and average . . . except with a lot of rain, so I guess the El Nino forecast has been accurate so far.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's a wild exaggeration. Antarctica is usually over a hundred degrees below zero . . . I doubt it'll be that cold in Chicago.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's a wild exaggeration. Antarctica is usually over a hundred degrees below zero . . . I doubt it'll be that cold in Chicago.
Ah but, currently the temperature in Antarctica is in the minus 20s-30s.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Literally subzero temperatures at my job tomorrow with open dock doors in a former freezer, but lucky me took the day off to stay home and play Kingdom Hearts 3! I get to enjoy the game I've been waiting over a decade for, and not potentially die! Yay! hahahahaha :big_grin:

These temperatures are seriously not going to be funny tomorrow though; they're saying -50 wind chill. Today's 20 degrees was a sauna.

Last edited: