What made you think today?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The main reason it took me forever to change my personality for the better and mature is because of the fact that I have a moderate case of Asperger's Syndrome.

As many of you already know, people with Asperger's often have an aversion to change of all kinds and I was no exception. I stuck to the same schedule every day, watched the same few shows, listened to the same few bands, never even opened my mind to trying out any new hobbies or lifestyles, and was so insistent on keeping every day the same.

But as I grew older and thought more about it, I realized that change is beneficial for everyone in life. So this year in particular, I've decided to try the hardest to become a better person I've ever tried in my entire life. Because now that I'm 19-years-old, it's the perfect time to start thinking about those things.

I'm not a kid anymore but at the same time, I'm not quite a full grown adult either. I'm right there in between childhood and early adulthood so I figured if there's anytime to start thinking more and more about my future it would be this year.

As devastated as I saw last year when singer Troy Gentry passed away, the last song he ever wrote was one of the things that truly inspired me to change the way I am this year. Troy himself may be gone but through his final song, his words have helped motivate me to never give up, always be opened to new ideas, and as the song title says become a better me:

I'll never be completely perfect but that's okay because nobody is. All human beings have their own flaws and I'm no exception. I'm still not sure where I want to see myself in 10 or even 5 years right now, but no matter what road the crazy journey that is life takes me down I'm spending a lot of my time preparing for the development of all the necessary skills to deal with whatever life decides to throw at me.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I was honestly thinking of those moments when you write something to someone, but then half way through you're just like "you know what? It's not worth it." And then you just end up deleting everything.

Really says alot right there, doesn't it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ever since I made this post the other day, I've actually been thinking about a certain aspect of my story:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...ead-lets-just-see.63654/page-164#post-1255609

So, here's what I've been thinking . . . the girl in-question who I had fallen in love with is a really hard-core, pious, holier-than-thou, Bible-thumping variety of Christian. Looking over those social media memes and posts from men who said they literally stalked their future wives because they felt God picked them out for them, and said future wives eventually complying because it was God's will . . . I must confess, part of me wonders if the girl's reaction and response would have been different if, when I professed my love for her, I went as far as telling her she was the one God chose for me?

I mean, I'm glad I didn't - yeah, at the time, I did believe it to be God's will . . . but since when do any of us know what God intend for us? Not to mention, I don't think I would have felt comfortable trying to forcefully infer a spiritual connection into the situation, when, as it turns out, there wasn't one.

Still, hindsight is 20-20, and again, just reading over some of those social media posts, and thinking about my own experience, I just can't help but wonder what the outcome would have been if I did go that route and told her she was the one God intended for me. . . .

I still have a little bit of a soft spot for her, if only because we've been friends for over a decade, and I actually have seen her go through multiple soured relationships with losers who basically wanted her for one thing . . . but seeing how Trump has brought her true racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, bigoted colors, my feelings for her are considerably decreased.

Any Del

Reaction score
The TV show "Cyberchase" is turning more into an environment show than a Math show. Back when the show started in 2002 it was heavy on Mathematics. Now the show is starting to shy away from it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just about any show that's been on a little too long begins shifting away from its original main theme/premise/focus/what have you, and veering off into different directions.