The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So I just found out that this staff member at one of the schools I used to go to passed away over the summer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It appears another forum I belong to (and really, one of the only other ones I still frequent) is in the process of shutting down altogether and replacing itself with a Discord server.

I know I said forums are pretty much dying, and Discord appears to be the future, but this is really a poor move. Discord is mostly suitable for real-time chats, it's not good for specific, lengthy discussions, that need to have previous posts archived for easy access, as opposed to scrolling through non-stop windows of chats and texts.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It appears another forum I belong to (and really, one of the only other ones I still frequent) is in the process of shutting down altogether and replacing itself with a Discord server.

I know I said forums are pretty much dying, and Discord appears to be the future, but this is really a poor move. Discord is mostly suitable for real-time chats, it's not good for specific, lengthy discussions, that need to have previous posts archived for easy access, as opposed to scrolling through non-stop windows of chats and texts.
Which forum is that?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Yeah, when I think of Discord, I think of having fun in the moment, not necessarily lengthy conversations and posts like here. That's why I still come to both places.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, it was a misunderstanding that was cleared up. The entire forum wasn't being shut down in favor of a Discord server, they just closed one specific board (for general, off-topic discussions anyway) and replaced it with a Discord server.

So, in other words, it would be like if MC closed, say, the Friends and Family board, and just replaced it with its own Discord.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The sad truth though is.... Discord is pretty much replacing everything.

And it's another good example of people relying too much on one app. :smirk:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
discord wouldn't be replacing everything if everything else didnt suck

skype is a heaping pile of garbage that has memory leaks, been known to slow down computers JUST from having it installed because of backend processes, and just overall a very unstable product

yes i have seething hatred for skype because yes just having it installed made my old computer slow to a crawl. i so much as open the program and would have to restart my computer the lag was so bad

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Skype came installed on my current computer when I got it, but honestly, I never even used it anyway. I still don't even use it. I can't remember it being there ever affecting my computer in anyway though - I mean, whenever I open my task manager, I never see any processes for it - unless my webcam process is associated with it (and I suppose it probably is).

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
One of my friends on Happy Tree Fanon Wiki, Yellow-spider-kitty passed away at only 17 years old today. She killed herself, :frown:. I am still in shock and I am very depressed right now. I haven't cried this hard in forever.
Ummm, guys. I think she really might be dying right now. Yellow-spider-kitty recently reported that she's addicted to pain killers and doesn't know how much longer she has to live.

I can't believe it! I can't believe that after how happy I was that the whole thing about her death was just a nasty humor, literally not even two months later she actually is about to pass away. I mean, maybe a miracle could happen and she could live but judging by the way she described the situation only:It definitely sounds pretty serious.

I'm so shocked and depressed right now. We probably ARE going to lose, YSK this time! Like for real, that is just awful.

If 2018 were a person, I would say this to them,

"As terrible and sad as those days were. You can take Stan Lee, you can take Aretha Franklin, you can take Burt Reynolds, you can even take Stephen Hillenburg! But do NOT under any circumstances, so much as lay a finger on Yellow-Spider-Kitty. Take your destructive hands off of that poor innocent girl this instant!".

2018 is like a Dementor from Harry Potter. It only exists to take everything I love away from me and suck all the happiness out of my body. If I were to personify 2018 as a character, he would probably be a lot like The Grim Reaper because in the future all I will associate this year with is death and destruction.

Last edited: