Below the Frame Season 3 Episode 1: Caroll Spinney Tribute

dwayne1115

Reaction score
When Jim was alive he was the face of the Muppets. After his death Brian tried to fill that role to an extent, but here lately Matt has become that, but maybe that's me.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
When Jim was alive he was the face of the Muppets. After his death Brian tried to fill that role to an extent, but here lately Matt has become that, but maybe that's me.
And rightly so, i'd say. I mean, it makes sense considering he's now the most famous characters from both The Muppets and Sesame Street, not to mention the show's puppet captain.

You know, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Big Bird and Oscar are played by the same guys who do Kermit and Miss Piggy. It's so weird.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
And rightly so, i'd say. I mean, it makes sense considering he's now the most famous characters from both The Muppets and Sesame Street, not to mention the show's puppet captain.

You know, I still can't wrap my head around the fact that Big Bird and Oscar are played by the same the same guys who do Kermit and Miss Piggy. It's so weird.
Having two different performers for Oscar and Big Bird may be interesting. Look at the dynamic Grover and Cookie have developed over recent years.

As for Matt I'd say you're right. He has really been able to do wonders with Big Bird and his other Classic Muppet Characters.

The one thing I want to see from Matt with Big Bird is an emotional story. I wanna see how Matt handles something like that. Because Carol was simply wonderful with those kinds of parts like in Follow that Bird or learning about death.

As far as Eric is concerned, I think he was the best recast in most recent years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have there been any other BTF episode since? I know Matt said the scheduling for BTF was going to be a little inconsistent this year, and so far, I don't recall seeing any notifications for any further episodes since the Caroll Spinney tribute.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have there been any other BTF episode since? I know Matt said the scheduling for BTF was going to be a little inconsistent this year, and so far, I don't recall seeing any notifications for any further episodes since the Caroll Spinney tribute.
Stephanie explained on Twitter this evening that because of all that had been going on with Season 50 taking up so much of Matt's time that they couldn't do any more BTF this year. :frown:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Stephanie explained on Twitter this evening that because of all that had been going on with Season 50 taking up so much of Matt's time that they couldn't do any more BTF this year. :frown:
I mean he is now Big Bird, and the Count full time now. He may also be directing now as well so yea I can see that time would be an issue.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
'Tis a shame, but that's the rub. It's too bad Stephanie couldn't cook up some pre-taped stuff in the meantime.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Also Matt just posted on his Facebook page a picture from the Wizard of Oz show Kermit is hosting. He said it will be running till the 30th so I'm wondering if he will be doing each show, or have to go back to Sesame. I really hope for Kermit and the Muppet Show Muppets he stays and does all the shows, because that is something Steve Whitmire said Disney has wanted to do from the beginning, having several puppeteers for one character.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Also Matt just posted on his Facebook page a picture from the Wizard of Oz show Kermit is hosting. He said it will be running till the 30th so I'm wondering if he will be doing each show, or have to go back to Sesame. I really hope for Kermit and the Muppet Show Muppets he stays and does all the shows, because that is something Steve Whitmire said Disney has wanted to do from the beginning, having several puppeteers for one character.
Yesterday was the last week of shooting on season 50, so he should be available for all of the Wizard of Oz shows.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Matt Vogel is kind of like the modern day Jim Henson. He has two shows he’s working on along with directing and writing. Plus he has a plethora of the characters like Sweetums, Floyd, Lew Zeland, Count, Big Bird, and Kermit.