What made you roll your eyes today thread?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I haven't been to a con since 2010, but it's outrageous what some people charge for their photos/autographs, etc.

I've been extraordinarily lucky to meet a number of Sesame people,
and never had to pay through the nose for a photo.

Even at Caroll's table, he had a donation jar. Some people could afford the suggested price, some could not. So Carroll cut a break for those a little strapped.
Some pay a lot to come to a convention in Manhattan. Travel, hotels, food, plus admission, it adds up.
Caroll was very gracious accepting whatever people could swing. He could've been very demanding, looking to squeeze every penny, but didn't.
Lou Ferrigno could learn a thing or two.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It is ridiculous.

I know general voice actors don't charge much which is a plus. But if you wanted to meet Stan Lee, which I sadly never got the chance because his last comic Con was in 2016, he was 100 dollars. Ridiculous.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been extraordinarily lucky to meet a number of Sesame people,
and never had to pay through the nose for a photo.

Even at Caroll's table, he had a donation jar. Some people could afford the suggested price, some could not. So Carroll cut a break for those a little strapped.
Some pay a lot to come to a convention in Manhattan. Travel, hotels, food, plus admission, it adds up.
Caroll was very gracious accepting whatever people could swing. He could've been very demanding, looking to squeeze every penny, but didn't.
Lou Ferrigno could learn a thing or two.
When I was at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo last fall, there was a misunderstanding regarding autographs, mainly because I was a novice and wasn't aware I needed to actually get my autograph tickets that were included in fan package I purchased (otherwise, each of them were charging $20-30). When I got to Caroll's table and the issue was brought up that I would have go back upstairs (three flights) to get the autograph tickets, Caroll offered to cover for me if I wasn't able to get the tickets I needed.

In addition to that, even thoigh Bob already signed my 40 years book, he also offered to sign the CD I purchased from him at no additional charge.

But as far as voice actors go, yeah, I see Bill Farmer and Charles Martinet will be at this summer's expo, both charging $30 for an autograph. Even though I plan on going specifically to see Steve Whitmire, I might go visit their tables as well, I'm not sure. I kind of regret at least not saying hi to Danny Tamerelli last fall since his table was right next to the SS cast's tables.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Bill Farmer?!

Dude!

He's defenitley on my bucket list!

Like seriously, he was another childhood hero of mine.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I wonder how much of it is convention policy (I understand staging a convention, there are huge overhead costs- renting the venue, advertising, insurance, cleanup, etc.) for charging for photos and autographs, and how much is just celebrities trying to make a fast buck.
Again, Caroll might not have come away with a ton of money the time I saw him, but how can you put a price tag on meeting someone who has watched you almost since birth, and you've been such a positive influence in their lives?
Your characters inspired and entertained them. Some followed in your footsteps and made their own puppets. Others followed in your footsteps to draw cartoons and write books.
Even more than using the convention as a chance to make a few bucks (I've been to a couple Sesame events where the cast members and puppeteers got a fee, then unanimously decided to donate it to charity. So it's not about the money), Caroll seemed genuinely moved how many generations of kids he touched, by doing something he loved. Dear sweet man.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly though, I'm just looking forward to being another Negan from the Walking Dead cosplayer at comic Con this year. :stick_out_tongue:

Though the leather jacket is going to get effing hot, I'm sure.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I wonder how much of it is convention policy (I understand staging a convention, there are huge overhead costs- renting the venue, advertising, insurance, cleanup, etc.) for charging for photos and autographs, and how much is just celebrities trying to make a fast buck.
Again, Caroll might not have come away with a ton of money the time I saw him, but how can you put a price tag on meeting someone who has watched you almost since birth, and you've been such a positive influence in their lives?
Your characters inspired and entertained them. Some followed in your footsteps and made their own puppets. Others followed in your footsteps to draw cartoons and write books.
Even more than using the convention as a chance to make a few bucks (I've been to a couple Sesame events where the cast members and puppeteers got a fee, then unanimously decided to donate it to charity. So it's not about the money), Caroll seemed genuinely moved how many generations of kids he touched, by doing something he loved. Dear sweet man.
It is frustrating, but still worth it if your heroes turn out to be really cool.

I spent 60 dollars for a photo and Autograph combo to meet Justin Roiland, the voices of Rick and Morty from.... Rick and Morty. He had a very outgoing personality and loved my Luigi costume.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It is frustrating, but still worth it if your heroes turn out to be really cool.

I spent 60 dollars for a photo and Autograph combo to meet Justin Roiland, the voices of Rick and Morty from.... Rick and Morty. He had a very outgoing personality and loved my Luigi costume.
And who wouldn't? You looked neat in that photo.