What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wish Let's Plays were a thing way back then, lol. It took my dad and I maybe . . . I don't know, five or six years to finally beat Super Mario Bros - and there's several Let's Plays where people beat it anywhere from 5-40 minutes. And we never finished Legend of Zelda - we always got killed in Death Mountain.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You're better off just rushing through the levels to beat that game.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah. I remember one such Let's Play where the guy doing would be like, "You know, you really don't need to kill all these enemies. . . ." whenever going through one of the dungeons . . . but he would anyway, I was thinking dude, what are you killing all of them for?

Any Del

Reaction score
Dude, I remember back when my cousin had a ps2 we would play Need for Speed: Carbon and I'd be losing every race! I would get so annoyed I would just use up all of my nitro just to make my cousin spin out of control and crash!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Carbon was the last good game in my opinion. Pro Street onward was just made for deadlines.

Yeah. I remember one such Let's Play where the guy doing would be like, "You know, you really don't need to kill all these enemies. . . ." whenever going through one of the dungeons . . . but he would anyway, I was thinking dude, what are you killing all of them for?
Probably to show off. :stick_out_tongue:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What little kid doesn't have that mentality? I mean I remember times trying to manipulate other people or family members I'd be playing games with to go against the rules just to better my chances at winning - you know, like if you're playing a game where if you end up having to move back instead of forward? If I ended up having to move back several spaces, or even to the very beginning, I'd beg everyone else to move back with me so we could all start over again (because I knew at that stage in the game, I was going to lose, and didn't want to).

I will say though, I remember I won my very first game of Uno, but man, when we played Viscious Uno, it could really get viscious! Especially if someone wasn't a good shuffler, and we end up drawing card after card after card after card until we drew one we could play.
Extreme Chutes and Ladders. 8)
That's part of growing up. Playing games, wanting to win, but not giving in to the temptation to cheat.
Everybody wants to win. Nobody wants the disappointment of losing.
But everybody has to face that sometime. Not just games, but in life.

The thing that beat me was 15-20 years ago, those soccer leagues where everyone gets a trophy, nobody loses, nobody scores, no competition, no alienation, no hard feelings. How realistic is that?

Yes, people want to win (sometimes win too much at all costs). Taken to extreme can be dangerous. But removing the sense of competition doesn't work either.

The only game I didn't like losing was Monopoly, only because I invested several hours into it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The fact that it was snowing this morning (in ******* April; I called it! *Does the "I called it" dance because I have the powers to predict the future*) and now it's bright and sunny out. :rolleyes:

Any Del

Reaction score
The fact that it was snowing this morning (in ******* April; I called it! *Does the "I called it" dance because I have the powers to predict the future*) and now it's bright and sunny out. :rolleyes:
There might be snow next week Saturday. :sigh:

Imagined it snowed in July...