The "You know what?" thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what I've actually wondered?

How often poor Ed has to monitor our current political thread like the Trump one that was deleted and the now-deceased true colors thread.

@The Count

Thoughts?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, no! But we HAZ 2 k33p it up cuz of Twump wuining da kuntwy!!!!1111!!!!

In seriousness, as much as Trump is ruining our country and the people in it, MC just is not the place for politics.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, but at the same time, MC's the only non-social media internet place I know of where we can freely speak out minds about the subject; everywhere else prohibit this altogether, because of snowflakes on one side or another taking something other people say personally and get all offended over it.

Like one forum I know of has at least one staunch Trump supporter who would fly into a fit of rage over such threads we have here, so they'd be nuked altogether and we'd be totally banned from even bringing it up.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Oh, no! But we HAZ 2 k33p it up cuz of Twump wuining da kuntwy!!!!1111!!!!

In seriousness, as much as Trump is ruining our country and the people in it, MC just is not the place for politics.
I really wish this forum had a "1,000 likes" button so I could like this post 1,000 times.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I watched LABYRINTH for the first time in years last night, and I remember upon my initial viewing of the movie being really critical of Sarah because she seemed like such a bland character who really didn't develop too well over the course of the movie (as detailed in Brian Jay Jones's book, that none of the screenwriters really bothered to do much with that particular character). After watching it again last night, I'm still a little critical of the character, however, I think it's less about the writers not developing the character over the course of the movie (I can see she actually does the deeper she gets into the Labyrinth, the more creatures she meets/befriends, and more she realizes how important it is to save Toby than anything else), the more about Jennifer Connelly's acting. To be fair, I know it was one of her first acting gigs, but Sarah exhibits a lot of Narm Charm throughout the movie, making the performance feel phoned-in.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I agree, it really feels forced to the point she is desperate to get Toby, and I don't really buy it. It doesn't feel like she really cares for him, ya know?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I agree, it really feels forced to the point she is desperate to get Toby, and I don't really buy it. It doesn't feel like she really cares for him, ya know?
Yeah, oddly enough, because of either the acting or the writing she seemed a lot more desperate to get rid of her brother than she did to get him back.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Like I said, there's a definite Narm quality to the overall performance: not a lot of emotion, not a lot of connection, it's like she's just there as the movie goes on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've just now noticed my number of Facebook friends has dropped down below 100 . . . I guess more and more people are shutting down their accounts because they're sick of all the Trump nonsense, but gee.