Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I only noticed that with Cartoon Network to be honest.

Cause Supernatural and Robot Chicken all got full season sets.

When did Courage get all 4 seasons? I only thought it was the first.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nope. They released all four seasons. Of course, they're all Vanilla Editions with no special features (Seasons 3 and 4 sets don't even have custom menus), which is why John Dilworth occasionally does episode commentaries on his YouTube channel.

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
It's not gonna happen, guys.

I've said it pleanty of times before. Disney is absolutely horrible with releasing full season sets. We're lucky to have even gotten season 3 on DVD.
It's a lot tougher to get variety shows onto DVD because of all the red tape they have to go through to finalize the product. They have to make sure all of the master videotapes are there so that they could be digitally remastered. They need to also make sure they have paid all of the guest stars and/or estates royalties for using their likeness on the show. They need to pay additional royalties for any music and dance numbers used. The variety business can get pretty messy, which is why there are so many "Best of" DVDs of popular shows like Carol Burnett, Flip Wilson, and Ed Sullivan. Laugh-In FINALLY released the complete series onto DVD. After several Time Life infomercials of Greatest Hits DVDs only being released, they're finally releasing all of their episodes. Imagine the struggle it took for Time Life to get approval from everyone. It wasn't easy.

I'm not saying that Disney will NEVER release seasons 4 and 5. But it may take them a while. They need to get approval from everyone involved (or their estates if they're deceased) and the licensing holders to the song numbers so they can finally put the DVD out. We just need to be extra patient before that will ever come to fruition.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
At this point, I don't expect them to do it anytime soon.

And by the time they get around to actually doing it (2035), they might as well put it on their streaming service, because DVDs won't be a thing! :stick_out_tongue:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
You know, i'm actually kind of curious what a Sam and Friends reboot would look like.

EDIT: Oh wait, it would just be a shorter version of The Muppet Show except without Kermit.
But Sam and Friends did have Kermit on it. :skeptical: