Stephanie D'Abruzzo responds about Caroll Spinney

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So this was kinda a big shock. Caroll did Big Bird and Oscar's voices for this commercial that just aired during the Grammys. Maybe it was his last performance before his voice started going quiet:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, they shot that in July, well after Season 48 and the Wand Chase special were shot.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Will somebody please inform Jim Henson's New York Creature Shop that Big Bird's head is way too big now?

gravy

Reaction score
Will somebody please inform Jim Henson's New York Creature Shop that Big Bird's head is way too big now?
Don't blame them... You can learn a lot in 50 years.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Boy I'm telling ya, if Caroll is in fact still doing Big Bird and Oscar's voices, I've got a heck of a lot of editing to do on the Muppet Wiki page for Caroll Spinney character transitions.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I honestly think Stephanie's doing a better job with Prarie than Jen has with Zoe; I don't really think Jen has nailed it with Zoe's voice or mannerisms.

Then again, I never really cared for Zoe all that much.
Stephanie was a natural fit to take on Prairie. Her Kate Monster in Avenue Q was pretty much inspired by Prairie Dawn in a sense.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
I have another question regarding the preview for next weeks episode. I think it might be Carroll as Oscar but I'm not 100% sure. Can someone please tell me if this is Carroll or Eric?

gravy

Reaction score
I have another question regarding the preview for next weeks episode. I think it might be Carroll as Oscar but I'm not 100% sure. Can someone please tell me if this is Carroll or Eric?

Sounds like Eric.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score

I don't think so. Oscar's voice doesn't have that "old quality" to it when Carroll plays him.