Stephanie D'Abruzzo responds about Caroll Spinney

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll ever hear Carroll's voice this season. I was told he did a few things but here we 14 episodes into the season and we haven't yet heard him now I'm kinda worried.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll ever hear Carroll's voice this season. I was told he did a few things but here we 14 episodes into the season and we haven't yet heard him now I'm kinda worried.
Wasn't he Oscar in one of the previous episodes?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, Caroll hasn't really done much for the show recently besides voice acting, frankly I prefer the puppeteer and the voice to all be one person. It gives the performer more freedom and makes everything feel more natural. Matt and Eric are doing a great job.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Well, Caroll hasn't really done much for the show recently besides voice acting, frankly I prefer the puppeteer and the voice to all be one person. It gives the performer more freedom and makes everything feel more natural. Matt and Eric are doing a great job.
I have to say, Eric as Oscar is PERFECT! Like, most seamless transition ever.
Matt Vogel as Big Bird does take some getting used to... it's been that way for like 20 years, lol. :wisdom:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I have to say, Eric as Oscar is PERFECT! Like, most seamless transition ever.
Matt Vogel as Big Bird does take some getting used to... it's been that way for like 20 years, lol. :wisdom:
I think Matt's Big Bird is really good. I think when he first started doing it his movements were too jerky and energetic, but over time his mannerisms became a lot more subtle and closer to Caroll's. And while Matt isn't quite as funny or organic in promotional appearances, I think he really feels like Big Bird when he has a good script. Specifically in season 48, now that he's doing Big Bird more often, the writers seem to have found a better balance between the character's personality and Matt's.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I think Matt's Big Bird is really good. I think when he first started doing it his movements were too jerky and energetic, but over time his mannerisms became a lot more subtle and closer to Caroll's. And while Matt isn't quite as funny or organic in promotional appearances, I think he really feels like Big Bird when he has a good script. Specifically in season 48, now that he's doing Big Bird more often, the writers seem to have found a better balance between the character's personality and Matt's.
He's definitely better nowadays. I guess he's just not the BB for me.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
So this was kinda a big shock. Caroll did Big Bird and Oscar's voices for this commercial that just aired during the Grammys. Maybe it was his last performance before his voice started going quiet:
Well, that's a good sign. It's nice to know he's still doing the voices at least when he can.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
With him going on this farewell tour of public appearances at cons and such, I'm guessing that's a strong indication that he will, indeed, retire after Season 50.