The Saddest thing that reminds you that you're old...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No.
There's always Comic Neue, which is what Comic Sans should have been. :smile:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Neue
Not a bad looking font. In all honesty, if I need to use a comic book-esque font for anything, I use one that's called "Zud Juice," as it really does look like the kind of font you'd find in speech bubbles in comics, not to mention unlike other comic fonts, it actually follows the rule that the capital I is crossed (as in when used as a first person noun).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
No.
Not a bad looking font. In all honesty, if I need to use a comic book-esque font for anything, I use one that's called "Zud Juice," as it really does look like the kind of font you'd find in speech bubbles in comics, not to mention unlike other comic fonts, it actually follows the rule that the capital I is crossed (as in when used as a first person noun).
Oh good. :smile:

Any Del

Reaction score
Re-watching the shows from my childhood. Shows today aren't that great compared back in the 60s 70s 80s 90s and 2000s. I'm mostly on my computer everyday and only watch TV for the news, weather and "Family Guy".

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly....

Just the fact that it almost feels like one little minor thing can just make you feel completely paranoid. Mid 20's. Ugh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After talking about disco and other fashions of decades past, I recently came to notice something. . . .

It seems like almost every decade, or I suppose more specifically, generation, has its share of those who bucked and rebeled against establishment, or were otherwise considered "punks," and like everything else, they too went through their own fashion trends over the decades. Like in the 50s, said "punks" usually had slick-backed hair, and wore all leather like riding caps, motorcycle jackets, boots and such. Fast-forward to the 90s, "punks" seemed to wear a lot of denim: high-waisted denim jackets, ripped up jeans, and such.

But I remember far more clearly is during the Turn of the Millennium, and even into the New Tens (to a lesser extent), "punks" looked like they crawled out of Hot Topic: hair dyed all kinds of crazy colors (red, blue, green, pink, jet black), all-black outfits; dudes usually wore black graphic tees, baggy black jeans hanging below their butts, and oversized distressed sneakers; dudettes usually wore tight black tank tops; dark plaid mini skirts, fishnet stockings, and leather boots.

I'm starting to feel old, because it seems like that's finally on its way out as well. Now, it seems like "punks" today are more like what many refer to as so-called "hipsters": over-sized plaid/flannel shirts, skinny jeans, floppy tobaggon caps, and depending on the hipster individual, Drew Carey-esque glasses (circa his Drew Carey Show/Whose Line days).

It's made me realize that pretty soon my Squirrely Squirrels are going to appear dated, since they were designed to represent contemporary (for the time) "punks" to emphasize they rather unscrupulous characters.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The book I started way back in 2002 (and will get finished someday) I deliberately strove not to put in any topical references. Otherwise my characters would be walking around greeting people "WAAZZUUUUPPPP!!!!".
At least I had my fingertip on the pulse of society for...three seconds. For me that's a record.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Saw another engagement post on my Facebook news feed. :smirk:

Really shows how much of an adult I'm becoming....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heh. Funnily enough, I see certain single friends of mine (particularly lady friends) whose relationship statuses seem to change every couple of months or so; some of them have gone through at least two or three different guys in the span of a year or so.