Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Frank's own words. Perhaps whoever said that he too wasn't fond of Steve or agreed with the decision he needed to go was trying to rub salt in the wound and add fuel to the fire.
Sounds like just about everyone on the Internet these days.......

Prof Bunsen

Reaction score
Again, I had mixed feelings about the decision, but as I stated before, Disney and JHP are both private entities that can do whatever they want. I'm sorry that it turned out bad for Steve, but hopefully he continues on with his career and maybe even launch his own team of puppeteers. Think of it as a promotion, as a way to move on.

That being said, I'm all for closing this thread, because this is kinda old news by this point. All we can do is just wish Matt a warm welcome to the new characters he will now voice, and just hope Steve still continues to make a new name for himself. After all, Frank Oz is now a successful director, still does Yoda for the Star Wars franchise, and has been a major contributor to Pixar, and has said in interviews that Eric Jacobsen has done a good job trying to replicate the life and soul into what were his Muppets. So hopefully Steve will still go a successful route post-Muppets.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Again, I had mixed feelings about the decision, but as I stated before, Disney and JHP are both private entities that can do whatever they want. I'm sorry that it turned out bad for Steve, but hopefully he continues on with his career and maybe even launch his own team of puppeteers. Think of it as a promotion, as a way to move on.

That being said, I'm all for closing this thread, because this is kinda old news by this point. All we can do is just wish Matt a warm welcome to the new characters he will now voice, and just hope Steve still continues to make a new name for himself. After all, Frank Oz is now a successful director, still does Yoda for the Star Wars franchise, and has been a major contributor to Pixar, and has said in interviews that Eric Jacobsen has done a good job trying to replicate the life and soul into what were his Muppets. So hopefully Steve will still go a successful route post-Muppets.
Frank Oz is NOW a successful director? So the rest of his directing career meant nothing? He's been doing directing with Jim since the 60s on Jim's experimental/non-Muppet work and has had many successful films since. I'm confused by your comment...

MelissaY1

Reaction score
As much as I would love it if Steve returned, I have to say it is not very likely. Disney is a huge corporation, and we could all protest until the cows come home, and they wouldn't listen.
Agreed. If we couldn't get "the Muppets" renewed for a second season on ABC and still cant' get Disney to release the rest of the Muppet Show on DVD, why would they hire people back on fan's wishes?