Animaniacs reboot in the works

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Given there'll be a new Ducktales series this summer and then Muppet Babies next year, I'm not rally surprised Animaniacs might be getting a reboot/revival shot in the arm.
Whacko: Ouch!

Endless stories? Only if they choose to not focus on the same cluster of characters so heavily. Seriously, would it have keeled them to make more than just two Minerva Mink cartoons?
Basically I'm just on the fence and will reserve judgment if/when I get to watch it after it's been officially made and released on air or online. *Shrug. :skeptical:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Endless stories? Only if they choose to not focus on the same cluster of characters so heavily. Seriously, would it have keeled them to make more than just two Minerva Mink cartoons?
Basically I'm just on the fence and will reserve judgment if/when I get to watch it after it's been officially made and released on air or online. *Shrug. :skeptical:
That's true. I would love to see more Minerva Mink, and not just because she's a real babe. :big_grin: I'd also love to see the writers make use of ideas they didn't get the opportunity to do, like that bacteria soap opera "As the Petri Dish Turns" or the new angle of Pinky & The Brain in which they get different mutant superpowers each episode from scientists experimenting on them, which they felt was too dark for a kids' show.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Bad news: it's going straight to Hulu.
Well, i'm just excited it's still happening! Hopefully they're able to capture the spirit of the original while keeping it relevant for today.

Considering Cartoon Network and Boomerang were probably they're only other viable options, streaming seems like a good choice. As we all know, CN doesn't care about most of their shows, and the schedules for new episodes are random. Plus, creatively, and considering the main age group that'll be watching this, Hulu makes sense.
I don't have Hulu anymore, but i'm not worried. There are alternative ways to watch shows, if you know what I mean :wink:.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Totally called it! :smile:

Like I said before, they most likely went with Hulu because there is no S&P department standing in the way, like Netflix. It's up to the producers to police their content.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Ok . . . . . time for an unpopular opinion. Why all the reboots? Why can't people get creative and come up with something original anymore? I realize rebooting a franchise allows the next generation to have their own version of something their parents once enjoyed, but when will enough be enough? What's wrong with trying to come up with an original idea? Why do they have to recycle an old idea?