Sesame Street Gets New Executive Producer

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
And sure, ATC got a whole how-ya-do, but there wasn't anything about it when it left.
Probably because ATC wasn't around since the beginning, as Big Bird's metal doors were. I'm sure there's a lot of people who feel ATC is as alien as the new street set.

Pointless and obvious comment aside, I'll make another one by saying it's about time someone tells it like it is around here. Thank you, Marshall!

Schfifty

Reaction score
I still just think we shouldn't go so overboard about the new executive producer. We all should just accept that they're working hard to produce a show that best fits the standards for kids nowadays, and if that means no returning of the construction doors, or not moving Oscar's can back to its long-standing location, or not having people like Gordon or Gina return on a regular basis, then too bad. You can be hopeful that it might happen in the near future, but we can't just harass the powers that be to bring back so much.

This is common when someone else takes the helm. We want them to bring back things that we as fans think have been sorely missing the last several years and are so integral to the show, but if we're too demanding about it, then it doesn't really help. It's good that this person has been involved with Sesame since 2001 - that's over fifteen years.

So let's be respectful to them. If Oscar's trash can doesn't permanently go back to its original spot next season, then so what? At least Hooper's Store still has the checkerboard pattern on the exterior, so that's something to be glad about, right?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I still just think we shouldn't go so overboard about the new executive producer. We all should just accept that they're working hard to produce a show that best fits the standards for kids nowadays, and if that means no returning of the construction doors, or not moving Oscar's can back to its long-standing location, or not having people like Gordon or Gina return on a regular basis, then too bad. You can be hopeful that it might happen in the near future, but we can't just harass the powers that be to bring back so much.

This is common when someone else takes the helm. We want them to bring back things that we as fans think have been sorely missing the last several years and are so integral to the show, but if we're too demanding about it, then it doesn't really help. It's good that this person has been involved with Sesame since 2001 - that's over fifteen years.

So let's be respectful to them. If Oscar's trash can doesn't permanently go back to its original spot next season, then so what? At least Hooper's Store still has the checkerboard pattern on the exterior, so that's something to be glad about, right?
Yeah maybe you're right. It's hard to accept certain changes on TV SHOW you enjoyed as a kid.

As long as the memories of the past is still there, then the spirit of the past lives on within us.

I think it is time to move on one day at a time.

Any Del

Reaction score
I'm going to add my two cents as well.
Now that we are in 2019, I guarantee you that SW are going to release some older episodes we've all been dying to see. And I doubt those changes will happen such as moving Oscar's can, the construction doors and such but always remember nothing lasts forever. We had special times with the show we all grew up with and loved and it sucks everything is changing, but at least we have our memories that will live inside our hearts forever until the day we die. And I'm sure most of you will agree that the only we really want are rare classic episodes to resurface. That's enough for me.