Sesame Street Gets New Executive Producer

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I asked the castmembers when I met them at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo if anything special for Season 50 was in the works, and they each told me that plans were already being made, and Bob even said there was the possibility of making special live appearances for concerts and such, so that at least shows you're they're in the know about what's coming up, even if they're no longer on the series proper.

I mean, that was explained at great length, that they're still involved with Sesame to some degree or another, even if they're not on the series proper anymore.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
What comes to the cast members, they don't last forever. Something we have to face.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I really hope and pray that these are good changes. And I'm glad Brown Johnson is gone. I cannot stand that *****. She will always be known as the woman who destroyed the Sesame Street we know and love. I hope Ben can revive a lot of the aspects of the show that are now gone, such as moving Oscar's can back to it's old location, putting the construction doors back up, and hopefully re-hiring all the older humans.

WAIT...SHE WAS THE ONE ?!?!

SHE WAS THE ONE WHO MOVED OSCAR"S CAN ?!? Okay I'm NOW GLAD SHE"S GONE. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE should move Oscar's from his original position on the show. We already had a few episodes dealing with that and it showed that if it isn't broke, then DON"T FIX IT!!!

Of everything that is coming to Season 50, I truly do hope and pray that we see Oscar back in his ORIGINAL POSITION and the past 5 years were nothing more than an annoyance to him. :grouchy:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It was not directly her decision, and they gave a pretty good, legitimate reason to move Oscar to a centralized location.

But, he's not moving back. They're not bringing back those construction doors; what, is that the new "funky chimes?" The older humans are probably not coming back on the show in a full capacity; I expect they will for whatever anniversary stuff they're planning and that's it.

No change on Sesame Street is permanent, but you guys aren't thinking realistically. You never do.

And calling a woman you've never met or have any relation to a nasty word is childish and pathetic. Even if it's a childrens show, you're adults. Start acting like it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They're not bringing back those construction doors
Then God shall rain unholy **** down on Sesame Street until they bring back those iconic construction doors that offered Big Bird privacy for so many years!
Even if it's a childrens show, you're adults. Start acting like it.
NO! NO! NO! I DON'T WANNA, I DON'T WANNA, I DON'T WANNA!!!

mbmfrog

Reaction score
It was not directly her decision, and they gave a pretty good, legitimate reason to move Oscar to a centralized location.

But, he's not moving back. They're not bringing back those construction doors; what, is that the new "funky chimes?" The older humans are probably not coming back on the show in a full capacity; I expect they will for whatever anniversary stuff they're planning and that's it.

No change on Sesame Street is permanent, but you guys aren't thinking realistically. You never do.

And calling a woman you've never met or have any relation to a nasty word is childish and pathetic. Even if it's a childrens show, you're adults. Start acting like it.

Look I'm not trying to be mean, and I can understand if they have their perfectly good reasons for these changes.

However, while they may have their legitimate understandable reasons for the various recent changes to the show It doesn't change the fact that there are certain things that you can't truly alter.

Take it from the fans perspective. The show has been on for almost 50 years and in the last 5 years alters the show setting to a way that isn't that familiar as it is new.

Remember the "Around the Corner" era ? Well they had an episode based on it to showcase it to the audience. Today's audience doesn't even get that.

The characters may change, but the show itself is far from it's former iconic self. It feels more like Season 1 of Sesame Street with the limited adults on the show, but it isn't Season 1.

Do you get what I'm trying to say ?

I'm not trying to be mean and I can understand that you can't stop progress and must get with the times, but would you have hoped that SOME THINGS remain the same in certain cases ? :frown:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
With the way the show airs and can be watched, it makes sense to let the new status quos speak for themselves. Kids today can see any episode in any order they want, so having episodes to reflect change isn't necessary because the child may not even watch that first.

And sure, ATC got a whole how-ya-do, but there wasn't anything about it when it left.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
WAIT...SHE WAS THE ONE ?!?!

SHE WAS THE ONE WHO MOVED OSCAR"S CAN ?!? Okay I'm NOW GLAD SHE"S GONE. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE should move Oscar's from his original position on the show. We already had a few episodes dealing with that and it showed that if it isn't broke, then DON"T FIX IT!!!

Of everything that is coming to Season 50, I truly do hope and pray that we see Oscar back in his ORIGINAL POSITION and the past 5 years were nothing more than an annoyance to him. :grouchy:
Dude, chill out.

Not trying to sound rude or mean, but you really shouldn't get so worked up over such a minor detail.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Dude, chill out.

Not trying to sound rude or mean, but you really shouldn't get so worked up over such a minor detail.
Look I can be calm and I do apologize if I did acted out of order. It was just a quick to jump to conclusions with me. Once again I do apologize.