The "What Commercial was that?!" Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have no idea what it was for but I remember some surreal commercial (or PSA) that used to scare me a lot. It was about a tiny hippo (?) in somebody's house being chased by a cat like a mouse. The whole concept of seeing something like that was a bit too weird for my young mind to process which gave it a bit of an uncanny valley feel to me. I know it sounds silly but I would legit have trouble sleeping thanks to that commercial. Does this sound familiar at all?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I remember another commercial that scared me when I was young. It was some weird Boomerang commercial about Astro the dog from The Jetsons flying around with creepy music playing or something. I believe he was done in puppet or stop motion form in the commercial but I know it used to terrify me for whatever reason. Seeing a stop motion version of Astro on Robot Chicken recently reminded me of this commercial and I'm wondering if it was real or just some messed up dream I had while I fell asleep on the couch watching Boomerang or something like that. I can vividly remember being afraid of this commercial to the point where I would think about it a lot when I was in bed at night or alone outside and it would always give me serious goosebumps. This was probably the reason I had some aversion to The Jetsons dog when I was really little (that went away pretty quickly though because I remember loving the line about him in the Chris Rice's Cartoon Song). Although it's very vague, I have a brief memory of being a bit creeped out when seeing an Astro toy at a fleamarket one time.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I’m looking for a Muzzy commercial that has a little girl saying Molto Bene.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I’m looking for a Muzzy commercial that has a little girl saying Molto Bene.
OMG! I totally remember him. I forgot about Muzzy until now. Wasn't he a cute little green monster who taught kids Foreign languages?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
You know what commercial I just found that I haven’t seen in ages?

This!

Brings back so many memories for me because I can clearly remember this one still to this day. Plus, this was made in my birth year too, which is a bonus. Too bad it doesn’t air anymore though.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
You know what commercial I just found that I haven’t seen in ages?

This!

Brings back so many memories for me because I can clearly remember this one still to this day. Plus, this was made in my birth year too, which is a bonus. Too bad it doesn’t air anymore though.
Huh. I don't think I remember this one which is weird because it would've been airing throughout my early childhood.