What sketches scared you as a kid?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
so when they would go back and show shows where he wasn't it really made mini me sad:cry:
But as long as you knew he existed, it really mattered not that the adults couldn't see him. In the end, the fans' & Big Bird's faith in Snuffy being real was rewarded, as he was made into a permenant one of the gang.

Redsonga

Reaction score
But as long as you knew he existed, it really mattered not that the adults couldn't see him. In the end, the fans' & Big Bird's faith in Snuffy being real was rewarded, as he was made into a permenant one of the gang.
Well, it just made no sense to me that suddenly they went from seeing him to not seeing him..I never actually saw the storyline in order:cry:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I never actually saw the storyline in order:cry:
Ah...You got the whole "show new episodes and then repeat previous season episodes" deal, back then, huh? Me, I received mainly new episodes, due to our PBS affiliate.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Ah...You got the whole "show new episodes and then repeat previous season episodes" deal, back then, huh? Me, I received mainly new episodes, due to our PBS affiliate.
Yup that was our deal..I never knew what was going on:sympathy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ah...You got the whole "show new episodes and then repeat previous season episodes" deal, back then, huh?
I got this deal too and people think I'm crazy. But I never questioned what was going on, though.

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I must have been a very brave child, because most of the clips mentioned here didn't scare me at all! In fact, the Ernie and Bert in a pyramid sketch that most people were scared of was one of my favorites, and it was the first thing I looked for when I discovered that there was so much classic SS on You Tube. One thing that makes me laugh about it now is when Bert gets scared and says he's going home. From the way he and Ernie were talking earlier, it sounds like they're actually in Egypt. Is Bert going to run all the way to New York? Back to the hotel? :stick_out_tongue:

That being said, there was one clip that still disturbs me to this day. It was the "U Really Got a Hold on Me" song with....Smokey Robinson? I REALLY didn't like the way that letter was grabbing him, and I still feel creepy even thinking about it.

WaiterGrover

Reaction score
I've got to say, I never knew the whole "Snuffy" thing would spark this much discussion!