Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I'm quite curious about it myself, Back in 2009 It was said that Steve Left

mjb1124

Reaction score
I'm actually starting to wonder if there are things going on behind the scenes that are holding the video back. Maybe they've had some second thoughts about letting Steve go and are in negotiations with him? And no, this isn't wishful thinking - while I'd certainly welcome Steve back, I'm also ready to embrace Matt's Kermit. And unless his Kermit looks/sounds "off" to the point of casual viewers noticing (which I highly doubt), I can't imagine the video causing any more backlash than there already is.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe they've had some second thoughts about letting Steve go and are in negotiations with him?
I doubt that very much; this is why Steve remained quiet about it all these months: he was hoping through some last-minute miracle, Disney would change their minds, but they didn't. If they didn't change their minds then, I doubt they'll change their minds now; too many people within Disney's organization, the Henson family, and other performers have come forward with their complaints about Steve's behavior and conduct for years, I can't see them doing a 180 degree turn and suddenly be like, "Hey, Steve! Listen, we made a really big mistake man, we didn't mean it, we'd like to give you your job back, how soon can you start?"

Censored

Reaction score
I'm actually starting to wonder if there are things going on behind the scenes that are holding the video back. Maybe they've had some second thoughts about letting Steve go and are in negotiations with him?
That could actually be happening. Now that it's all out in the open, they might be rethinking it based on the reactions.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm quite curious about it myself, Back in 2009 It was said that Steve Left
Really? Did they make that official statement then? I thought Artie was just sort of understudying for Steve. Then again Friz Freleng left Warner Bros. 1947 when the head of the studio Eddie Selzer wouldn't let him pair Sylvester and Tweety together, but Friz came back after Eddie said, "Okay. We'll do it your way." So a similar situation could have occured at Disney back then.

I'm actually starting to wonder if there are things going on behind the scenes that are holding the video back. Maybe they've had some second thoughts about letting Steve go and are in negotiations with him?
That thought crossed my mind too, but I sort of agree with what Snowth said as well about having Disney reverse their decision through some miracle, would be kind of far-fetched.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
And unless his Kermit looks/sounds "off" to the point of casual viewers noticing (which I highly doubt), I can't imagine the video causing any more backlash than there already is.
I don't know, when I first heard Steve's Kermit, I absolutely hated how it sounded. It was definitely noticeable, but I felt he got better as time went on. I honestly think there might be some noticeable differences between Steve and Matt, like there were Jim and Steve. I reserve judgement until I hear it, however.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I know what you mean. I just finished watching MCC and like I said, I felt Steve's :smile: was spot on by that point, but the voice difference was definitely noticeable the first time Steve voiced Kermit in "The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson." It was the same with Artie, the voice was off in AGT, but his few future appearances as :smile:, specifically the one on MTV seemed to show improvement. That definitely had potential, had Disney had him continue as Kermit regularly, but at that point and time we weren't ready for a new Kermit voice. I can imagine, Matt's Kermit may be off at first, but will probably improve with time as well.

KrazyJoe

Reaction score
It's getting ridiculous that they won't just release the video. How long do they plan to wait? What is the advantage to waiting?