Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
So, in the end, I'm very disappointed that this all happened and I think there's blame to go all around. I'd love to see an amicable resolution to this, but it's very unlikely. I hope Matt Vogel does well with Kermit, but I'm gonna miss Steve.
I still miss Jim as Kermit, actually. And I miss Richard Hunt as Statler and Beaker. I reserve judgement on Matt Vogel's Kermit until I hear it.

Beth C

Reaction score
What in the world of NIGHTMARES is going on?? I just found out about this and frankly, I'm STUNNED. I know I've been out of the loop - coming and going but my own life has been kicking me to the curb quite a few times so I couldn't keep up with things. Steve's been FIRED?

Beth C

Reaction score
Yep. Read the last 37 pages.
I'm trying to but i'm at work and don't have that much time. Right now I'm in shock. To me Steve is Kermit. I expected him to be Kermit until he passed away. I really feel like we've slipped into a black hole or alternate universe. Never in a million years would I have expected this. Steve is the Kermit that my kids (now grown and have kids of their own - imagine that) will always know.

This can't be real.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what? Despite everything that's going on right now, I will continue to be a Muppet fan, no matter what. :fanatic:
And why shouldn't we all? We continued to be Muppet fans after Jerry passed away; we continued to be Muppet fans after Kevin's scandal forced him to resign from SST; we continued to be Muppet fans when we lost Jane and John Henson within a year of each other; we continued to be Muppet fans when Joey voluntarily left SST; why shouldn't we continue to be Muppet fans after this?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
And why shouldn't we all? We continued to be Muppet fans after Jerry passed away; we continued to be Muppet fans after Kevin's scandal forced him to resign from SST; we continued to be Muppet fans when we lost Jane and John Henson within a year of each other; we continued to be Muppet fans when Joey voluntarily left SST; why shouldn't we continue to be Muppet fans after this?
Honestly, I couldn't have said that better myself.