Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
So Steve gets fired for being a little bossy but when Richard hunt bad-mouthed a guest star to a tabloid paper he keeps his job

And if we do get a fraggle rock movie I think Steve won't be Wembley

JT Yorke

Reaction score
The dutch news was so funny once again.. 'Voice actors schould not care about the script, because they are just voice actors'..

terrimonster

Reaction score
It's interesting that Brian actually said he felt guilty for not recasting Kermit prior to the Disney sale. To those who keep asking why didn't he do something about it a long time ago, I think you're now seeing why. It doesn't look good. People are mad at Disney about this, even if it might have been completely justified. If Brian had done it, not only would people have been mad, they would have seen him as incompetent. He says this was already a problem in the '90s. Imagine the press if less than 10 years (maybe close to just 5) after Brian personally chose someone to be the new Kermit, Jim's signature character, he had to fire the same guy. JHC was struggling enough with the Muppets already. With people questioning his business/creative decisions he didn't need need questions about personnel decisions, especially considering what a big deal was made about choosing Steve. It would have called his personal judgement into question.

I'm impressed that Disney worked so closely with Brian and the Hensons to re-cast. There was absolutely no reason they had to. I'm sure part of it was to soften the blow to their public image, but it sounds like they really involved Brian in the process more than just a brief consultation. It could be posturing, but it appears that Disney really wants to respect the legacy of Him Henson through Kermit.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm telling you guys, it's The Godfather. You have the leader with the special touch, and when he's gone, the unity of the group suffers.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
So Steve gets fired for being a little bossy but when Richard hunt bad-mouthed a guest star to a tabloid paper he keeps his job

And if we do get a fraggle rock movie I think Steve won't be Wembley
which guest star did Richard bad mouth ?

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Yeah, it didn't. But it was well known that Richard Hunt was difficult, and often bullied younger performers. Henson never fired him for it.

Avilos

Reaction score
I am sure Brian realizes now it would have been easier to recast Kermit 20 years ago. The internet already existed but no where near the level it is now. Where it is part of our every day lives.

15 to 20 years ago this would likely would have been reported in industry press. Debated in message boards like this by hardcore fans but barely noticed by anyone else.