Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

CBPuppets

Reaction score
that's just speculation on the part of a guy on a message board nowhere did I read they never liked Whitmire.
That make sense.

Here's what Lisa Said

"Mr. Whitmire was adamantly opposed to having an understudy for his role, which presented problems when it came to what she called “B-level performances, such as a ribbon-cutting.” She said he was unwilling to appear on some of these occasions but also refused to develop an understudy and that he “blackballed young performers” by refusing to appear on the show with them."

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
That make sense.

Here's what Lisa Said

"Mr. Whitmire was adamantly opposed to having an understudy for his role, which presented problems when it came to what she called “B-level performances, such as a ribbon-cutting.” She said he was unwilling to appear on some of these occasions but also refused to develop an understudy and that he “blackballed young performers” by refusing to appear on the show with them."
from what it sounds like at first things were cool but got worse as time went on just speculation on my part?

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Alright. Let's just make this whole thing a lot simpler.
  • Just because you like Steve, doesn't mean he wasn't in the wrong
  • Just because you like Disney, doesn't mean they weren't in the wrong
There is obviously a lot more to this situation that we don't know, and it is probably better off that way.

We should obviously respect the casting choices of both Disney and the Henson company, while still being respectful to all involved parties.

At the end of the day, nobody is perfect, and nobody will "win" in this whole ordeal. The best we can do is forgive, forget, and support the future of the Muppets. They need it now more than ever.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Alright. Let's just make this whole thing a lot simpler.
  • Just because you like Steve, doesn't mean he wasn't in the wrong
  • Just because you like Disney, doesn't mean they weren't in the wrong
There is obviously a lot more to this situation that we don't know, and it is probably better off that way.

We should obviously respect the casting choices of both Disney and the Henson company, while still being respectful to all involved parties.

At the end of the day, nobody is perfect, and nobody will "win" in this whole ordeal. The best we can do is forgive, forget, and support the future of the Muppets. They need it now more than ever.
I Couldn't Agree more, I just want this to end. What's done is done.