Nintendo makes the Switch!

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's great to see all this promotion of Super Mario Run and the Switch among the mainstream media. If I had a credit card and a phone that could easily run SMR, I'd be all over it. :smile:

It's really cool to see actual gameplay footage from BotW for the Switch, too. Looks more or less the same as the Wii U version, but framerates seem much better thanks to the extra power it packs, and the resolution looks a lot higher on the big screen, too. :smile:

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Less than 2 weeks to go until the big Switch presentation on January 12th! This will be huge, I guarantee it! :smile: :smile: :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!! (doo-doo-doooo-dooooooo, doo-doo-doot-doot-doooooo...)

Just one day away now! :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
That was an amazing presentation for the most part! The big highlights in my book were Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. The latter especially, because it's a grand return to huge open-ended levels not seen since 64 and Sunshine, only they appear to be much grander in scope. And Mario in New York? Hopefully he'll get to visit Brooklyn! :smile:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yeah, there's no question the new Mario looks like it can be one of the greatest games ever.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Switch is selling like hotcakes to the point where the Japanese are lining up not to buy one, but to get a chance to win one in a lottery because they're so scarce. And I have a feeling with heavy-hitters like Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, and a slew of others coming out this year, it's very plausible that it could surpass even the Wii in sales!

Once I actually get a job, I'm definitely getting me a Switch! :smile:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Once I actually get a job, I'm definitely getting me a Switch! :smile:
I reeeeeally want a Switch. I hope I get one for my birthday this year. The 3 games I'm looking forward to the most are Mario Odyssey, ARMS (normally I don't play a lot of fighting games, but ARMS looks fun), and Sonic Mania. And I wanna play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, too. The gameplays I see of it on YouTube make it look really fun.

Also, is the Switch backwards compatible with Wii U games? Because there are some Wii U games I want to play, but can't because I don't own a U.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also, is the Switch backwards compatible with Wii U games? Because there are some Wii U games I want to play, but can't because I don't own a U.
No it is not. You'll have to wait and see what games will get upgraded ports for the Switch.