RIP Carrie Fisher

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I just bought a Family Guy Star Wars DVD today and then came home to watch it and found out she died, :frown:.

R.I.P. Princess Leia/Angela. All of us Star Wars and Family Guy nerds loved you, even Giggles.

Schfifty

Reaction score
This isn't the right way to close out 2016. It's just not right.

RIP Carrie Fisher, and I also give condolences to Debbie. :frown:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Now that I've gotten that little rant out of the way, may Carrie Fisher rest in peace. Also, I'm wondering if she filmed all her scenes for Episode VIII? And whether they will retire or kill off Leia for Episode IX?
Yep, I believe they finished filming Episode 8 this summer, making it her last movie. Definitely curious about what'll happen after that though. It'll be extremely sad not to have her in the final movie.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I wonder what they will do to Angela if Family Guy gets renewed. Will they kill her off like they did with Peter's mom (who was voiced by Phyllis Diller) and Mrs. Krabapple on The Simpsons or will they get her a new voice. Speaking in TVTropes terminology, will this be an example of The Character Dies With Them (Examples:Mr. Hooper, Mrs. Krabapple, The I Like Trains Kid from Asdfmovie, etc. etc.) or Character Outlives Actor (Examples:Kermit, Meowth, Mermaid Man, etc. etc.) is what I'm wondering.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So get this: Steve Martin went on Twitter to pay his respects to Carrie, saying that she was beautiful, witty, and smart . . . and now he's under fire for it because apparently that was a sexist thing for him to say/post.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So get this: Steve Martin went on Twitter to pay his respects to Carrie, saying that she was beautiful, witty, and smart . . . and now he's under fire for it because apparently that was a sexist thing for him to say/post.
My heart stopped for a moment when you mentioned Steve Martin, glad he's okay. But really? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You can't please anyone these days.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This has got to stop. Debbie Reynolds rushed to the hospital?!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sorry to see so many people go this year (2012 wasn't much better, was it, Jerry Nelson?).

But it seems a little ghoulish to measure years by how many celebrities died. Does that mean people will live in fear that 2017 might be even worse? Or we might coast along until 2020 and the Grim Reaper has another bumper crop?

Fear of dying is no way to live.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Carrie Fischer also used to be a recurring character in these pre-YouTube flash animations called Animutations from the late 90s and early 2000s. Princess Leia, the yodel of life. So I decided on watching quite a few of them on the night she died as a tribute to her: