RIP Carrie Fisher

Muppy

Reaction score
I am so sad. :cry: I feel so bad for Debbie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At the risk of being the "always assumes the worst" guy, I really didn't have much hope for her . . . I mean, how often do people bounce back from a massive heart attack? I kind of felt like she was living on borrowed time; sad that 2016 has to claim yet another life like this - this has just not been a good year for them. She will be missed.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
And it looks like earlier today, PBS aired the episode of Sesame Street with the Star Wars parody. How's that for a coincidence?

mr3urious

Reaction score
This is incredibly horrible and devastating, but I'm not going to be like everyone else and curse this year because of it. Is 2016 really any different from the past years because of all these celebrity deaths? As Cracked so rightly put it, it's mainly because of increased awareness thanks to the Internet that makes it seem more horrible.

Now that I've gotten that little rant out of the way, may Carrie Fisher rest in peace. Also, I'm wondering if she filmed all her scenes for Episode VIII? And whether they will retire or kill off Leia for Episode IX?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is 2016 really any different from the past years because of all these celebrity deaths?
Yeah, because 2008 and 2009 were pretty bad for celebrity deaths as well. Heath Ledger, Bo Diddley, George Carlin, Isaac Hayes, Bernie Mac, Paul Newman, Eartha Kitt, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson (both on the same day, no less), Bea Arthur, and Dom DeLuise, just to name a few.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yeah, because 2008 and 2009 were pretty bad for celebrity deaths as well. Heath Ledger, Bo Diddley, George Carlin, Isaac Hayes, Bernie Mac, Paul Newman, Eartha Kitt, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson (both on the same day, no less), Bea Arthur, and Dom DeLuise, just to name a few.
And most unexpected, pitchman Billy Mays. And just when we were beginning to like him, no less. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy. Well, "Ant-tony" Sullivan seems to have settled into the role of his successor anyway.