ABC officially cancels "The Muppets"

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I know I'm new to the forum, but I have something to say about the cancellation and all the opinions I've seen on here.

I'm very upset about the Muppets TV Show ending, and how it's been affecting me for the past weeks. I've been fighting for the show to get renewed, checking Twitter every day and praying every night that the show would return. Even those articles saying we were getting Season 2 kept giving me hope, but that hope got crushed when the announcement happened. I feel like that the show and characters that knew how to make me smile were disappearing from me and I wouldn't know to feel anymore.

But you what guys...we shouldn't give up.

As Muppet fans, we shouldn't know the Muppets never give up. So what if the fight for the season didn't work? That shouldn't stop us from supporting the characters we love. The Muppets wouldn't want to see us moping and giving up on the franchise. Obviously Disney isn't since they're working on the Muppet Courtyard and the Pizza Rizzo restaurant. These characters will always be around, and we all know it.

Will we know if they'll be back on television or movies? Who knows. With The Muppets, anything is possible. Again, our beloved characters would want us to stay strong and follow them in their quest to find a new home and another project. Whether it be on the small screen or big screen.

Just thinking about it today, I couldn't believe I lived to see a revival of the Muppets, with the 2011 movie, Muppets Most Wanted, and now a new TV show. To know I was there to experience all of that is amazing, and I hope to see more projects with them, but that won't happen unless we're there to support them.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I know I'm new to the forum, but I have something to say about the cancellation and all the opinions I've seen on here.

I'm very upset about the Muppets TV Show ending, and how it's been affecting me for the past weeks. I've been fighting for the show to get renewed, checking Twitter every day and praying every night that the show would return. Even those articles saying we were getting Season 2 kept giving me hope, but that hope got crushed when the announcement happened. I feel like that the show and characters that knew how to make me smile were disappearing from me and I wouldn't know to feel anymore.

But you what guys...we shouldn't give up.

As Muppet fans, we shouldn't know the Muppets never give up. So what if the fight for the season didn't work? That shouldn't stop us from supporting the characters we love. The Muppets wouldn't want to see us moping and giving up on the franchise. Obviously Disney isn't since they're working on the Muppet Courtyard and the Pizza Rizzo restaurant. These characters will always be around, and we all know it.

Will we know if they'll be back on television or movies? Who knows. With The Muppets, anything is possible. Again, our beloved characters would want us to stay strong and follow them in their quest to find a new home and another project. Whether it be on the small screen or big screen.

Just thinking about it today, I couldn't believe I lived to see a revival of the Muppets, with the 2011 movie, Muppets Most Wanted, and now a new TV show. To know I was there to experience all of that is amazing, and I hope to see more projects with them, but that won't happen unless we're there to support them.
I totally agree with all of this!

RealWonderman

Reaction score
I think that it would be a bad idea to move the Muppets to Netflix or hulu, because like myself, not everyone has or can afford Netflix or hulu.
The streaming services are where things are headed. Period. I don't have cable or network tv, so because I don't have these, I should be against the show existing there? Why not get the services? Netflix is 9.00 and Hulu is 7.00. If the show is going to exist again it will be on one of these. It's already on Hulu.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
The streaming services are where things are headed. Period. I don't have cable or network tv, so because I don't have these, I should be against the show existing there? Why not get the services? Netflix is 9.00 and Hulu is 7.00. If the show is going to exist again it will be on one of these. It's already on Hulu.
I don't think so, I don't think that network TV, is going to let that happen. by the way, I'm not against streaming , it's just I don't think that it would be fair to people who don't have those two streaming services. I don't have a credit card, so therefore I can't get them. they may say $9.00 and $7.00, but it ends up being more.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Yeah, but could make the argument other way around. Having it on cable isn't fair to those who don't have cable because it's pretty expensive as well.
I'm hoping we eventually get some new viral videos. Those would be fun.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Yeah, but could make the argument other way around. Having it on cable isn't fair to those who don't have cable because it's pretty expensive as well.
yeah :smile:, that would be fun.

SnakeLipsXD

Reaction score
It would be nice, don't you think, if they could translate some of the show's segments/storylines into online viral videos. :smile:

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Well even as recently as 2012 I've seen those same kind of problems, such a night spent in a hotel that had a satellite service: here came a brief little rain during the night, there went the signal.
same thing happens where I live In southwest Florida with cable and where my cousins live in California.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
cable is way more expensive then Netflix, I pay 9 dollars and change a month for my Netflix HD and all!