ABC officially cancels "The Muppets"

scooterfan360

Reaction score
one thing I was thinking If Netflix showed the Muppets TV Show from this previous incarnation that got canned after only 1 season, Studios track that kind of thing, they track all streaming content even Cable ON-DEMAND if enough people stream it ABC could re order more episodes or better yet a Netflix exclusive that would only air on Netflix! I have Netflix so I think that would be cool! And I would encourage you all to keep writing the ABC network and Disney, and now I would encourage you all to write Netflix as well, I was part of the letter writing campaign that brought back Futurama and that kept the Original voice cast of Futurama intact, I even got a personal form letter from Matt Groening and David X Cohen, it is hanging on my wall of my bedroom, I also wrote Disney and Lucasfilm a bunch of times and asked for more Indiana Jones movies and by god we are getting a new movie, I also put in a good word for Willow with Warwick Davis !!!
I think that it would be a bad idea to move the Muppets to Netflix or hulu, because like myself, not everyone has or can afford Netflix or hulu.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's only what I've been saying all these years. Netflix seems to be more affordable than you might think, however, again, in order to have and use Netflix, you need to have a reliable internet connection, which not everybody has, such as people in rural area who can only use dial-up, or older people who don't even know how to operate a computer in general. But then again, networks never want to cater to those target audiences anyway, it's always that coveted 18-34 city crowd they want to lure in. That's something that dates way back into the 70s when networks were canceling shows like THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES and GREEN ACRES to make way for more pro-social shows like ALL IN THE FAMILY and THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
That's only what I've been saying all these years. Netflix seems to be more affordable than you might think, however, again, in order to have and use Netflix, you need to have a reliable internet connection, which not everybody has, such as people in rural area who can only use dial-up, or older people who don't even know how to operate a computer in general. But then again, networks never want to cater to those target audiences anyway, it's always that coveted 18-34 city crowd they want to lure in. That's something that dates way back into the 70s when networks were canceling shows like THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES and GREEN ACRES to make way for more pro-social shows like ALL IN THE FAMILY and THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW.
If you get the basic of the basic Xfinity cable or what ever your provider has it can be very affordable, I happen to have the xfinity bundle with the phones and the computer but I got a 2 year deal where you get all the premiums and sports stations and MLB Extra innings, I am a Yankees fan Living in Punta Gorda Florida and my mom is a mets fan! but if you just get the basic package with the bundle it is a lot cheaper and affordable, I split the bill with my mom...
I have an LG HD TV 42 Inches the TV is great and it has apps like Netflix, but I also have a Sony Blu-ray Player that is blue tooth and has apps as well I use the Netflix on my blu-ray player. HD netflix used to be $7.00 and change but they just upped it to $9.00 and change, that is just the HD streaming not with the discs, I think that is reasonable. there is a federal law in America that states that your home owners association or apartment or condo can not tell you you can't get a Satellite Dish, trust me on this my dad worked for the GOV most of his life, so I am sure either the Dish Network or Direct TV have bundled packages, and I have looked into it and Dish Network is really cheap and they have MLB Xtra Innings:smile: I am waiting till after the baseball season is over to look into it?

and for the record my mom is in her 60's and uses a computer better then I can and so do all her friends. I am better then my mom at setting up TV's and cable though so go figure, I don't know?

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing about satellite services is it doesn't take much for you to lose your signal, you can lose your single even if it's just sprinkling outside. Way back when in the 90s, we had PrimeStar (essentially the precursor to both Dish Network and DirecTV) for a few years, and there's been more than a few occasions during the summer when a rainstorm would blow through, so those were days I'd spend playing Nintendo or something.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
The thing about satellite services is it doesn't take much for you to lose your signal, you can lose your single even if it's just sprinkling outside. Way back when in the 90s, we had PrimeStar (essentially the precursor to both Dish Network and DirecTV) for a few years, and there's been more than a few occasions during the summer when a rainstorm would blow through, so those were days I'd spend playing Nintendo or something.
you do realize that Satellite technology got a lot better over the years, it is the year 2016 after all:smile: and you do know that cable comes from a satellite essentially? there is also Verizon Fios which comes through your phone? it might also depend on where you live my Aunt and Uncle lived in Pleasonton California they had a big rainy season in the winter and did not have a lot of problems with Direct TV. down here in Florida and up in Frederick MD where I used to live we had a lot more problems then my relatives out in California we had outages, and Pixelation way more with Xfinity then my Aunt and Uncle with direct TV in CA in the rainy season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well even as recently as 2012 I've seen those same kind of problems, such a night spent in a hotel that had a satellite service: here came a brief little rain during the night, there went the signal.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Well even as recently as 2012 I've seen those same kind of problems, such a night spent in a hotel that had a satellite service: here came a brief little rain during the night, there went the signal.
To be fair...maybe the hotel just had crappy satellite service. xD

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's true. And y'know, really, both cable and satellite have their pros and cons (one of the cons of both would be crappy customer service) - though from my experiences, I'd say with dish, the cons outweigh the pros compared to cable. But whatever others prefer, to each their own.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I dunno, the constant "don't put a show on X because not many people have X" or "it's bad to put the Muppets on Y because not everyone has Y and I don't have Y" seems a bit counter productive. If TV didn't work this go-around, maybe it's time to go the digital streaming route. Like I mentioned before, some people just don't have TV anyway either. So either way one format will limit some people but be more convenient for others. I feel the writers/performers/directors et al should be allowed to try anything and everything they want to do. Throw darts at the wall, see what sticks.

In the last 50+ years the Muppets have done a ton of different things in a ton of different mediums. TV, Film, Radio, Tv-Movies, Specials (Tons and Tons), Online/Viral Videos, Websites, Video Games, Home Video (compilation and original videos/flim). Doing a series on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime would be another notch on their belt and bullet point on their already long and illustrious resume / CV. It'll still be the Muppets*.

*That being said not everything they've done has been a hit, we can all agree. Just wanted to point out the different things they've tried and done.