Help Save British Fraggle Rock Episodes

tedbear

Reaction score
Even so, it would be nice to have it on YouTube for a little while, even if it is eventually taken down
There are much less tight copyright rules on Dailymotion. Already there are lots of US Fraggle Rock episodes on there.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
But again, it's not theirs to post. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I'll say the amount of UK episodes that are accounted for now is astonishing. Only what, 7 episodes missing out of 96? That's awesome.

ST1DS1

Reaction score
But again, it's not theirs to post. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I'll say the amount of UK episodes that are accounted for now is astonishing. Only what, 7 episodes missing out of 96? That's awesome.
What episode do you think UK Fraggle Rock fans want to see the most?

tedbear

Reaction score
What episode do you think UK Fraggle Rock fans want to see the most?
Probably the later ones, including the final episode. Speaking of which, had actually been uploaded to YouTube at one point, but in less than one week got taken down.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I"m sure UK Fraggle Fans would love to have a box set of their own series on DVD like the US version has. Which would be pretty awesome.

Now, something I wonder, could the UK portions be remastered and spliced in with the other footage from the US version to make a hybrid show? For some it wouldn't work but other episodes maybe not so much.

ST1DS1

Reaction score
I"m sure UK Fraggle Fans would love to have a box set of their own series on DVD like the US version has. Which would be pretty awesome.

Now, something I wonder, could the UK portions be remastered and spliced in with the other footage from the US version to make a hybrid show? For some it wouldn't work but other episodes maybe not so much.
The one episode that I feel is mandatory to post on Dailymotion is Beginnings.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Well its not "mandatory" though would be nice. However that's saying the holder of the episode is able to and or has some copyright claim so it lessens the chance of Henson filing a claim. Even though it's a different platform than YT copyright still counts there on Dailymotion too.

That being said it would be nice I agree. Just not mandatory for whom ever is the episode holder.

ST1DS1

Reaction score
Well its not "mandatory" though would be nice. However that's saying the holder of the episode is able to and or has some copyright claim so it lessens the chance of Henson filing a claim. Even though it's a different platform than YT copyright still counts there on Dailymotion too.

That being said it would be nice I agree. Just not mandatory for whom ever is the episode holder.
It just seems necessary in a way to post on Beginnings. Mind you, we've seen a short clip, so why not the full episode?

ST1DS1

Reaction score

Why did Fulton MacKay choose to pull out of Fraggle Rock?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I don't think it was voluntary, Fulton Mackay passed away during production:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Fulton_MacKay
"MacKay died between the second and third season and was replaced by John Gordon Sinclair."
Also where was the clip posted? Could have been directly from the owner or another person's taped off of tv copy. I wish I knew why but I'm not really an expert. Just interested in lost media.