The Muppets Episode 14 - Little Green Lie

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Little Green Lie"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, it's not impossible. Some shows due tend to get renewed a few years after cancellations. Look what happened with Family Guy.
Yeah, and Seth MacFarlane has been wanting to end the show for years, but FOX won't let him, which is why you never sell your creations to someone else.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, and Seth MacFarlane has been wanting to end the show for years, but FOX won't let him, which is why you never sell your creations to someone else.
Isn't that how TV works anyway, Most networks own the rights to their shows. I don't think most creators have a choice.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
ugh family guy. I wish that dead horse would stop being resurrected. NOBODY likes zombies!

Can someone answer my question of WHY a 5 year old was allowed inside a bar?! Robin is 5 years old. >_<

jobi71

Reaction score
I know that no one was being catty or mean commenting on the change in Robin's voice, but I do want to make a post to re-iterate that this is the first time in decades Robin has had this much dialogue. Matt has done wonders with a lot of Jerry's characters. He does a great job of having enough of Jerry's tones and cadences but also making them his own. I suspect if Robin appears more often the voice will modulate (a favorite word of Jim's) a bit and we'll accept it as the way Robin sounds. All of the Muppet performers are actors and puppeteers and voice actors in one. I think the puppeteering and the acting are first and the vocal similarities comes later.

jobi71

Reaction score
ugh family guy. I wish that dead horse would stop being resurrected. NOBODY likes zombies!

Can someone answer my question of WHY a 5 year old was allowed inside a bar?! Robin is 5 years old. >_<
I will attempt an answer. Based on the fact they were drinking milkshakes I wonder if Rowlf's tavern is like a TGIF (not a chain though) but with a bar and a restaurant together. We have not seen scripted proof of this, but I don't think Kermit and Piggy took him to Moe's Tavern.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
And The Simpsons...?

I know that no one was being catty or mean commenting on the change in Robin's voice, but I do want to make a post to re-iterate that this is the first time in decades Robin has had this much dialogue. Matt has done wonders with a lot of Jerry's characters. He does a great job of having enough of Jerry's tones and cadences but also making them his own. I suspect if Robin appears more often the voice will modulate (a favorite word of Jim's) a bit and we'll accept it as the way Robin sounds. All of the Muppet performers are actors and puppeteers and voice actors in one. I think the puppeteering and the acting are first and the vocal similarities comes later.
Yeah, it's fine, but it just needed to be pointed out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Isn't that how TV works anyway, Most networks own the rights to their shows. I don't think most creators have a choice.
In recent years, yes, but it hasn't always been that way. Supposedly, FRIENDS is to blame for that, because I believe it was the first major successful sitcom that was produced in-house by the network (in this case, NBC), and because of that, networks decided they could do shows themselves rather than have creators and producers come in and pitch shows to them.

There does seem to be some reversal going on, thankfully: Nickelodeon's got two shows on right now that the creators actualy own the rights to - MUTT & STUFF by Sid & Marty Krofft, and ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS by Bagdasarian Productions. I'm honestly surprised by this, but pleasantly so.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
In recent years, yes, but it hasn't always been that way. Supposedly, FRIENDS is to blame for that, because I believe it was the first major successful sitcom that was produced in-house by the network (in this case, NBC), and because of that, networks decided they could do shows themselves rather than have creators and producers come in and pitch shows to them.

There does seem to be some reversal going on, thankfully: Nickelodeon's got two shows on right now that the creators actualy own the rights to - MUTT & STUFF by Sid & Marty Krofft, and ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS by Bagdasarian Productions. I'm honestly surprised by this, but pleasantly so.
Oh,I see what you mean. I guess that's why TV is so unoriginal these days.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score

Sorry for not exactly answering your question, but I don't think Robin is 5 any more (though he probably still isn't old enough to be in a bar anyways. Not sure why he was). On the Muppet Show, Scooter was fourteen. Since the fact that he still lives with his mother is a running gag, I'm guessing he has aged since then and I assume Robin has as well.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Pretty sure Robin is older now. There was a joke towards the beginning of the episode about his doctor telling him you can still get a growth spurt in your 30's so he must be old enough to go in the bar by now. Who knows though we will never know.