The Muppets Episode 7 - Pig's in a Blackout

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Pig's in a Blackout"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

Votes: 46 92.0%
  • Bork bork! This episode was good.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Mee mee. This episode was so-so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
well I never said he was. someone else used the word "queer" which in this day and age usually means "homosexual" not "odd or strange" I didn't call scooter gay, I myself do not believe he is.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
well I never said he was. someone else used the word "queer" which in this day and age usually means "homosexual" not "odd or strange" I didn't call scooter gay, I myself do not believe he is.
Well you do not have to believe it, he is straight, just watch the clip.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Thought I'd post here for the first time in a while. I do read the posts here and have been reading all the posts on the latest episodes of the muppets. but for whatever reason, been far too lazy to post my own thoughts. Don't get me wrong, I've been loving the show, but this episode... man, after watching it, I just couldn't be lazy any more. I LOVED it that much and it made me so happy and excited, that I just HAD to post my own thoughts!

So here goes:

This episode is without a doubt, the best episode of the series thus far. As a Scooter fan, it brings such a big smile to my face. In some ways, I feel the show might as well be subtitled "Scooter is BACK, baby!" Each episode has given him more and more stand-out moments that I thought I could only dream of seeing, and also moments with him and other characters. It's been wonderful to see him paired with Rizzo in the last couple episodes - something I've always wanted to see (hence my avatar), and I could honestly write a whole paragraph about that - but the scene with him and Gonzo in this one where he's helping him find his confidence in running the show and says "I believe in you" was such a joy to watch. THIS is the kind of scene I had dreamed of seeing between these two.

This episode gave Scooter his biggest storyline of the series so far - and really, the biggest storyline he's had in the last 20+ years. Scooter is definitely BACK, baby and David Rudman is SO owning this character now! I hope they continue to give him more and more in the show and I really hope the change in showrunner and apparent "retooling" in the last six episodes won't put a stop to that.

If I had to list the non-Scooter reasons I love this episode, it would definitely be the scenes between Kermit and Jason Bateman. Bateman is fantastic and so funny in this. And I loved the callbacks to 'The Muppet Movie' - the great scene with Kermit and Rowlf (so happy to see him again) and Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection" in the swamp again. PERFECT ending to the episode IMO :smile:

I've seen some criticism about the show and the characters being too "mean spirited" and I can see where they're coming from. I have to admit, after the way the storyline with Kristin Chenoweth and the Electric Mayhem ended last week, I was a little worried that the Scooter storyline would be treated somewhat cynically, with him just failing in more comedic ways and Gonzo not helping him out. I'm SO SO happy it didn't go that way!

I think this episode has the heart that's arguably been missing from the show up until now. Certainly the most heart it's had - I mean, you have Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection" at the end! You can't get more heart than that! :smile:

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
Apologies for the small delay, but I'm here to share my own review of the Muppets latest episode.

My thoughts of the episode were pretty impressed with the storyline about Kermit trying to get help with his stress after a crazy day at work, such as problems with Patrick Dempsey getting poison ivy, the big stick of butter, and Piggy getting stuck in the elevator and worrying about her legs and face, which I feel is so crazy to think about; I mean I can think of bigger problems than that, like being stuck on an elevator for one. Also, when Denise was worried about Kermit and Piggy trying to get in on the action really adds up to the Kermit/Piggy/Denise triangle, which pretty much makes it clear to me that Piggy obviously still has feelings for Kermit, even after their breakup. At the spa, I still can't help but feel that Jason Bateman would ruin Kermit's stay at the resort because of his selfish actions. Personally, I loved Jason in the movie "Teen Wolf Too", but seeing what happened made me lose a little bit of respect for him; but what do i care, it's a TV show. In the end, I really loved how Kermit was able to take care of his stress by putting in a personal swamp in his backyard, along with him singing "Rainbow Connection", which makes it a good ending to the episode. Also, I laughed a bit when his next door neighbor, Phil, shouted to Kermit to learn a new song, and Kermit shouted back "Chill out, Phil!". You just can't beat a classic song like that. :wink:

In the Scooter sub-plot, I felt pretty bad for him because he really tried his best to keep the show together, when things fell apart. It was pretty nice of Gonzo to help Scooter out by improvising that the show was to benefit the environment for one day. :concern::wink: Plus, I still can't believe that Sam is still crushing on Janice and his attempts to win her over went up in smoke, literally. :attitude::flirt:

Overall, it was still a pretty good episode to watch. That's all I got for now.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Dude Scooter is not gay, he has a big crush on Chelesa Handler in the next episode, and from what I remember, he bragged about getting a kiss from Raquel Welch to Fozzie in the TMS episode, just my two cents.
He was never gay before this show. Maybe I'm crazy. I could've sworn they've hinted at it multiple times now, and I'm not just talking about him going to those pottery classes. It hasn't even been subtle, but I'd have to re-watch the episodes to find them.

let's change the subject. anyone want a uncle deadly plotline in a future episode?
I think everyone loves Uncle Deadly, but they have taken him from frightening phantom to Piggy's walking wardrobe. I could see something where he and Piggy go out shopping and it turns into a complete disaster.

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
let's change the subject. anyone want a uncle deadly plotline in a future episode?
I do, he's such an awesome character. I think "Uncle Deadly's House of Badness" should have happened. Maybe they can make it into a series of YouTube shorts.

Speaking of YouTube shorts, when are those Pigs in Space shorts coming out???