The Muppet Movement: 50 States 50 calls to Disney

backpackmina

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe some plush or toy. Pictures of Gonzo wouldn't really work.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Here's the mailing address for Buena Vista, they produced the DVDs:

500 South Buena Vista Street

Burbank, CA 91521

United States

Phone: 818-560-1000
We also really should forward the new petition to the music rights-holders and celebrity estates, because Disney is truly the innocent victim here, because certain estates and rights-holders do tend to be jerks by not granting the necessary licenses to allow the shows to be released in their entirety.

Besides, the rights-holders would be missing by refusing to grant Disney the licenses because those third parties would get money and royalty fees too.

backpackmina

Reaction score
We also really should forward the new petition to the music rights-holders and celebrity estates, because Disney is truly the innocent victim here, because certain estates and rights-holders do tend to be jerks by not granting the necessary licenses to allow the shows to be released in their entirety.

Besides, the rights-holders would be missing by refusing to grant Disney the licenses because those third parties would get money and royalty fees too.
So the licenses are the real problem? I just thought Disney forgot about releasing the DVDs or something

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So the licenses are the real problem? I just thought Disney forgot about releasing the DVDs or something
Well according to Mike Quinn a Muppeter who is on the inside. He said and I quote: "The thing is, Disney know that fans want these seasons and they want to release them. It comes down to music rights and the cost. I'm not sure how many units they would have to sell to break into profit but I'm sure someone did the math. I suspect the declining sales from the last season or two is what halted them.
If I make enough millions, I could pay for those rights and we could all have our 5 seasons to watch."

So I don't know I mean if you go by that then we would still need to go to Disney, and show them that yes they would be able to make a profit if they spent the money on releasing the final two seasons.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Well according to Mike Quinn a Muppeter who is on the inside. He said and I quote: "The thing is, Disney know that fans want these seasons and they want to release them. It comes down to music rights and the cost. I'm not sure how many units they would have to sell to break into profit but I'm sure someone did the math. I suspect the declining sales from the last season or two is what halted them.
If I make enough millions, I could pay for those rights and we could all have our 5 seasons to watch."

So I don't know I mean if you go by that then we would still need to go to Disney, and show them that yes they would be able to make a profit if they spent the money on releasing the final two seasons.
Then, why did Lylle Brier even bother to announce that Season 4 would be released in 2010 back at the 2009 D23 Expo?

Not to mention that on the MuppetHenson blog, it was said that Disney declined to comment on whether or not the seasons would be released, which I thought was a hint they were working on them.

In response to Mike Quinn's quote, I hope that he's actually saving up the money to pay off all the rights-holders to get the remaining seasons released. :stick_out_tongue:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
And if the last two sets really didn't make as much money as Season 1 causing Seasons 4 and 5 to be held back, I blame that on the big economic recession that occurred back in 2008. :grr:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So who really should be contacted?
I honestly think that if we get enough signatures and followers on Facebook that the movement as a whole will become huge. When it dose Disney will then make a move. So I think we stick to the original plan at first. Getting as many signatures and people committed to buying the product, and then put the ball in Disney's court.

backpackmina

Reaction score
I honestly think that if we get enough signatures and followers on Facebook that the movement as a whole will become huge. When it dose Disney will then make a move. So I think we stick to the original plan at first. Getting as many signatures and people committed to buying the product, and then put the ball in Disney's court.
Did you make a new petition?