The Muppet Movement: 50 States 50 calls to Disney

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I thought I would bump this thread, and see if anyone is still interested in this movement, and if they think that it's work should continue/start over.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sounds like a movement I can support!
Well we are not much of a movement right at the moment, but the more support we get the better! I just need to plan out the movement's next moves, because I don't think the calling idea worked to well.

backpackmina

Reaction score
Well we are not much of a movement right at the moment, but the more support we get the better! I just need to plan out the movement's next moves, because I don't think the calling idea worked to well.
Can you fill me in on what happened before?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Can you fill me in on what happened before?
Sure! First off I came up with the idea for the movement when I heard that the Coke-a-cola Company was going to be re-releasing the soda called Surge. There was this huge group on Facebook called the Surge Movement, and the basics of it where that the members would call Coke and ask to bring Surge back. Finally after months and months Coke finally listened and is now selling Surge once again. So all that got me to thinking if they could do it with a soda surely we Muppet fans could do it with the Muppet Show Seasons 4 & 5.
So then I created a Facebook and e-mail group called The Muppet Movement. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Muppet-Movement/279976588876651
I then created an event called 50 States 50 calls to Disney, where we tried to get one person from each of the 50 states to call Disney on the same day. When the day finally came I think I was the only one who called,and after that I got kind of discouraged. I felt like I was fighting a losing battle, and slowly walked away from the movement.
I still feel that the idea of the movement is sound, and if we can come up with a better more sound game plan then it just might work. The only problem is I'm fresh out of ideas.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If I thought an online or other kind of petition would work I would start one, but dose anyone know how many of those there are? Since 2009 several online petitions have been started and have gotten no where.

What if we had people sign a petition, or send me there signatures so that they could be added to the petition. Then I could mail said petition, and signatures to Disney under the name of the Muppet Movement. So it would be a simple letter requesting Season 4 of the Muppet show and then page after page of peoples signatures. That way the would have something in there hand that shows them that the people really do want this out on DVD. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

asegal

Reaction score
Hi Dwayne! I really admire your efforts in this regard. My nephew just turned 1 and I would like TMS to be released so he can experience it anew like I did in the late 70s and early 80s as a little kid. Here he is with Big Bird :wisdom:

As I unfortunately am not working full time, I would like to be able to help with any petition. I can also call Disney at any time to ask for TMS again if you would like.

Best, Ariel Segal (UMD Alumnus-like Jim Henson):smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hi @asegal I want to personally thank you for your support I recognize your name from the Facebook page. I'm going to be working on writing the petition tonight, and should have it posted within a few hours so Please stay tuned to here and the Facebook page! Thanks again.

backpackmina

Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe, in addition to the petition, we could physically send something to Disney. I remember one show was getting cancelled and a ton of its fans mailed boxes of peanuts or something (inside joke thing, I guess) and the show was brought back for a couple of seasons. The thing is that I don't know what we should send and specifically where to.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well since Gonzo is suppose to be on the cover of season four something that would relate to him might be nice. As for where to send things I'm working on that.